RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Is Your Child is a Gothic? Reform Through the Lord 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is Your Child is a Gothic? Reform Through the Lord  (Read 3321 times)
RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »

I was going to hell anyway, I knew that much, but with so many other things against me I guess I'm just... damned.

That. Is. AWESOME!  Bill Hicks put it best: "If going to hell means rock and roll, and heaven listens to New Kids on the Block..."

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
Zanicnight
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 07:53:07 PM »

The Maligned Dirty Leon, I know exact what you mean about the visigoths Barbians. I know you are trying to be fun, but if you really want to know why Goth become a mordern term for kids dressing all in black. Well It is becasue some of the original Goth bands were exactly 80's punk bands that played different then the main stream punk sound. They were darker, more emtionally forward, and just more blunt. A few of the bands started saying they were "goth" from the main stream.

OKay that is the story what I heard I could be work, maybe I should go read some wikipedia on this.  
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 07:59:48 PM »

The Maligned Dirty Leon, I know exact what you mean about the visigoths Barbians. I know you are trying to be fun, but if you really want to know why Goth become a mordern term for kids dressing all in black. Well It is becasue some of the original Goth bands were exactly 80's punk bands that played different then the main stream punk sound. They were darker, more emtionally forward, and just more blunt. A few of the bands started saying they were "goth" from the main stream.

OKay that is the story what I heard I could be work, maybe I should go read some wikipedia on this.  

:zzz:
just  joking  Wink

SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 05:37:10 PM »

.....Goth used to be called "positive punk" before it was goth.  It was more vibrant and upbeat than the punk it grew out of.  And that still doesn't explain how it got the name "Goth". And there really isn't one defining aspect that ties “Goth” together.  In the same respect, there is not one defining reason why it is called that.

And I don't need no damn Wiki (however great and totally awesome it is) to tell me what Goth is and how much it sucks.

This Goth has a sea urchin on his head
Why?  To protect him from beatings from his genetic superiors.  I think everyone falls under that category except for hippies.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 05:47:21 PM by SFS » Logged

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 03:55:00 AM »

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this.
LMFAO!!!

Personally I never got why ANYONE would wear black makeup halloween and mental retardation aside. It's just ugly and it makes ugly people stand out even more *shudders*

Well I guess I'm a pushin 30 goth according to that list:

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
Though not many and too many folks overdue em way too much. They should accentuate not completely cover someone.

-Complains of boredom.
You would too if you lived in Winnipeg!

-Is excessively awake during the night.
Well duh, we all are. It's the only time when everyone is home from work and we can all play games together.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light.
I have a medical condition where I get sick from the heat. I hate the sun. Doesn't mean I'm a vampire. just means that I care about my health.

-Requests time alone and quietness.
It's called reading. More people should try it.

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
Who fucking doesn't?

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 02:09:06 PM »

me?
and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish. (i play alice cooper with my friends, im in a band)
--Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of
music. (especially marilyn manson)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically. (oh, my friend who is from mexico must be evil)
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such
as: SPORTS  
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps tooexcessively excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy. (oh, i guessbeing on gamefaqs.com or playing some NES is satanic now to, am i right?
-Spends large amounts of time alone. (my parents have jobs, im goth cuz my parents have jobs)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.  (OHHH IM REALLY NAUGHTY)
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and
elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively  (i guess i should just starve and not eat then)
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this. (ok.  i eat this with my little brother sometimes.  this is good)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. ( G4 is really bad.  when i say bad im not talking about crappy televison shoes, im saying its corrupted)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature (yep, i knew it.  that legend of zelda: 4 swords game is evil to.  i bet link eats count chocula in the morning)
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer. (classic games?  no, im lying when i say that im looking at classic games.  im looking at the more evil, GTA style games.)
- violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative manner.  

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

I post this here so you can all see the dangers of this insideous subculture. I myself was almost lured into its self-destructive spiral, but through the help of my local church and parents I managed to escape. Your church can help you too, if you just pay close attention to the warning signs.

Thank you.  

so, i guess im goth.  im going to print this off and show it to my mom.  b4 that, im asking  my mom if  she thinks im goth or not.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length