RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:56:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS3 prices 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: PS3 prices  (Read 8652 times)
Fighter17
Donor

WWW Stats
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:51:40 PM »

20 gig harddrive PS3 for $499
60 gig hd PS3 for $599

November 17th

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149470.html
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:55:56 PM »

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! It's so exciting I just shot my cat.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »

w00t

I still haven't been convinced that i need a PS3 though.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »

What a ______ surprise.

6:33 -- Kuturagi takes the stage. He introduces the PS3 controlled ... and it's the PS3 controller?!? It looks exactly the same, but it has many new function. Most importantly, it has "6 degrees" of motion-sensing movement. (Um, Nintendo, what do you have to say about this?) You can move it up and down, you have pitch and yaw and roll movement, and it's all still wireless and, in fact, lighter than PS2's DualShock.

Hello World.
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 06:10:43 PM »

This is as cheap as anyone could have hoped.  I think this means that Sony will most likely win biggest market share again.  But, It will be 2008 before I can afford one.  Oh, and what's up with an extra $100 for 40GB more hard drive?  A little over priced memory.  But I guess it's better then paying $20 for 8MB on the PS2.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 06:11:52 PM »

@ TraderJake
Cheesy

http://ps3remote.ytmnd.com/

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 06:12:32 PM »

They have to be losing alot of money on each unit??

Also, were the specs every really revealed?  Either way, it's expensive but not priced out of everybodies reach. (like I originally thought it would be)

Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 09:07:25 PM »

Damn 599$ ( cause thats the only system ppl want, I LAUGH at ppl that buy 360 cores) is going to be a hard sell, Im looking foward to it but that price realy does hurt.. and stealing the wii just made me cry inside a little.. I hope nintendo tells them to fuck them selfs 2morrow

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 03:25:15 AM »

Man!!  I saw the price and I fell on the floor.  Who in the hell can afford that?  Especially when Wii will probably be $199.  And they stole Nintendo's idea.  $500 frickin' bucks!!!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 03:34:51 AM »

I am really pissed at Sony stealing Ninty's idea for the motion controls surely they could have thought of something orginal themelves, and how much do they think they can sell the PS3 for. If it's $500 in the US you can quarantee that won't translate properly over here to the UK and we'll get screwed about £500 which would be about $650. Bloody Sony Sad
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 03:54:29 AM »

I am really pissed at Sony stealing Ninty's idea for the motion controls surely they could have thought of something orginal themelves, and how much do they think they can sell the PS3 for. If it's $500 in the US you can quarantee that won't translate properly over here to the UK and we'll get screwed about £500 which would be about $650. Bloody Sony Sad

I think the US equivalent was $623.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »

This is as cheap as anyone could have hoped.  I think this means that Sony will most likely win biggest market share again.  

I disagree. With the PS3 coming out in November at a minimum of $499, if Microsoft is smart they'll drop the price of the 360 (premium version) to about $299-$349 for the Christmas rush. And on top of that, if they release Halo 3 around the same time, I'm thinking they're going to be in an excellent position to gain a LOT of market share.

I think it's EXTREMELY risky of sony to come in at this price point. Especially if consumers consider that they could have a 360 AND a Wii for the same price.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 06:47:37 AM »

the $499 model does not include wi-fi, memory stick support, or HDMI output

http://www.scei.co.jp/cor.../release/pdf/060509ae.pdf
see page 3.

So basically, everybody who really is a "hardcore" gamer will want the 599 unit.

The more I look at it, the more I cant begin to understand it. They ripped of Nintendo, charge way more than Microsoft did for the 360 and will probably still sell a ton of these.  :-/

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 07:47:47 AM »

Bummer I was hoping it was going to be more.

At least they are getting it right by doing a hard drive in each system unlike stupid ass Microsoft.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 08:06:27 AM »

They have to be losing alot of money on each unit??

We've already figured out that ALL the companies will lose and have lost money on their consoles.

Man these two version things really piss me off. In the last day I've gone from "OMG OMG OMG" to "god damn you consoles I'm turning PC all the way."

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length