RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:25:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 173 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 795940 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #930 on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »

Impressive. I can't help but think you're missing something, but then again I can't make out the smaller cartridges. Also realized it was NTSC, so that eliminated a lot of the ones I knew.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #931 on: May 21, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »

A deal that I just made will push me over 300 CIB NES titles including variants.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #932 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »

All NTSC Sonic the Hedgehog games,spin-offs and compilation games. I also want to point out that I didn't feel the need to buy every sonic game on every platform as all I would be doing is adding doubles of the same game. For example if I own Sonic Hero's on Game Cube I didn't feel the need to buy the PS2 of X-Box versions. Just wanted to own every individual Sonic game in physical form. I also have Sonic the Hedgehog episode 1&2 on XBLA to keep it complete as possible. All disc games are CIB and most carts are loose.

I may be missing it, but I don't see Sonic for SMS.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #933 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »

Impressive. I can't help but think you're missing something, but then again I can't make out the smaller cartridges. Also realized it was NTSC, so that eliminated a lot of the ones I knew.

Missing PC releases. Sorry to rain on the parade. It is still a pretty impressive collection Smiley

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #934 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

Yeah I still need 3 Japan only Sonic games to complete it. Just keeping it  NTSC for now. The Master System versions released in Europe are the same as the Game Gear versions here in NTSC regions so as stated above I feel like all I would be doing is owning doubles. I can assure you the NTSC collection is 100% complete. Yeah sorry about the picture quality.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #935 on: May 21, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »

NTSC is a video standard used in the US and Japan. Sonic the Hedgehog got a US release on the SMS: http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-031-S-00890-A

Still a great collection.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #936 on: May 21, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »

Which ones am I missing from PC? If I own the console versions I don't feel the PC version is worth getting as they are the same games.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #937 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:26 PM »

Hmm I guess I do have a few tweaks to make to this collection. Still damn good though.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #938 on: May 21, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »

Looks awesome all together like that. Those loose DS games would drive me crazy though. You gonna go for anything he make an appearance in like Super Smash Bros Brawl or Christmas NiGHTS? Or you could be super hardcore and go for anything he's even referenced in like Shenmue or Illbleed!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #939 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

You could be super crazy like me and buy every rerelease and variant of each game from every region for every system.

kamakazi20012
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »

I don't see Sonic CD for PC.  I have that one but don't play it.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #941 on: May 22, 2012, 06:19:41 AM »

I don't see Sonic CD for PC.  I have that one but don't play it.

He's got it for the SEGA CD.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #942 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02:58 AM »

You should pick up Sonic PC Collection. It was only released in Australia & New Zealand. Grin

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #943 on: May 22, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »

Hey thanks for the heads up guys. I take it more as constructive criticism than anything else. It seems as there may always be some sort of double standard when it comes to the word complete. I feel like making this a region free collection will make this a more ideal goal. That pretty much means purchasing all PAL Master System games such as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Blast, Sonic Chaos, Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Also the Japan only released games I need are Sonic Jam (Game.Com), Sonic Drift (Game Gear) and Tails Skypatrol (Game Gear). I'm sure there are others I need to hunt down. I also missed Sonic Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for Game Gear, somehow they got scratched off my list when I didn't even buy them (Facepalm). I feel like I'm on my own when it comes to defining what it means to have a complete sonic collection as I honestly have yet to see someone else attempt it. Obviously I've went this far into this collection that I'm not giving up. Besides I find it fun hunting these games down and it's always a work in progress. Anyways any help on defining a complete Sonic collection is greatly appreciated. Other than that as I have stated before if I own one complete version on a Sonic game I don't feel the need to buy its ports again whether it be on another console or PC. I could easily triple my collection by doing so and all I would be doing is owning the same game more than once. Anyways I'll provide a better picture of my cartridge games below as they look like crap in the above picture.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/100_1600.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:56:38 AM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #944 on: May 22, 2012, 10:35:34 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of Sonic games, but that is very impressive.  I like seeing collections of particular game series.  I have every North American F-Zero and Fire Emblem game boxed.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 173 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length