RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:26:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 173 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 794481 times)
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #1650 on: October 13, 2014, 08:01:32 AM »

The hang tags make it tough but would you have more room if you stacked them versus just having them sit up?

I use similar shelves for my games and wrestling DVD collections.

Nice looking Genesis collection!

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1651 on: October 13, 2014, 08:22:48 AM »

The hang tags make it tough but would you have more room if you stacked them versus just having them sit up?

I use similar shelves for my games and wrestling DVD collections.

Nice looking Genesis collection!

The hang tags made it difficult for me to stack mine as I indicated, so I made the decision to remove them (please no one throw stones at me!) with a very sharp set of scissors which would result in a clean edge for stacking ease.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1652 on: October 13, 2014, 10:54:26 AM »

The hang tags made it difficult for me to stack mine as I indicated, so I made the decision to remove them (please no one throw stones at me!)
RAAGH!! stick
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1653 on: October 13, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »

The hang tags made it difficult for me to stack mine as I indicated, so I made the decision to remove them (please no one throw stones at me!)
RAAGH!! stick

nooo why would you do that? i hope you didn't with any super rare/valuable titles
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1654 on: October 13, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »

Right on cue with the public outcries! Haha. But, I figure that it's my collection. I am able to do with them (and display them) as I see fit.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1655 on: October 13, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »

Mine fold in to allow them to be stacked, is it not the case with all Genesis titles that the hang tags fold in?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1656 on: October 13, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »

Mine fold in to allow them to be stacked, is it not the case with all Genesis titles that the hang tags fold in?

i think most of them could if you made them, though i would be wary of that personally as it weakens the plastic and might break them off. still much better than outright removing them.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1657 on: October 13, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »

Calm down guys. There are very few "proprietary" cases, and it's just the case being "damaged", not anything else. There are a ton of replacement cases out there in the world.

Some of the Genesis hang tabs don't fold very well, and they crease when they bend. The hang tabs were mainly just there for display purposes, much like the NES hang tabs, but for NES cases they moved to having the retailer apply them on the outside.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1658 on: October 13, 2014, 02:57:15 PM »

Calm down guys. There are very few "proprietary" cases, and it's just the case being "damaged", not anything else. There are a ton of replacement cases out there in the world.

Some of the Genesis hang tabs don't fold very well, and they crease when they bend. The hang tabs were mainly just there for display purposes, much like the NES hang tabs, but for NES cases they moved to having the retailer apply them on the outside.

I had significant difficulties with many of them being unwilling to bend or to bend enough to make stacking a neat, painless endeavor. That's why I made the decision to remove them.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1659 on: October 13, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »

Right on cue with the public outcries! Haha. But, I figure that it's my collection. I am able to do with them (and display them) as I see fit.

To quote Dana Carvey's portrayal of John McLaughlin:

WRONG!

All right, time to line the bird cage with these surplus Metal Storm and Stadium Events manuals.

BRB

'Late
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1660 on: October 13, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »

Hello again. Picked up my first UK-region DS game today.
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1661 on: October 14, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »

WRONG!

All right, time to line the bird cage with these surplus Metal Storm and Stadium Events manuals.

BRB

'Late

Such hate
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1662 on: October 14, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »

Passed 200 SNES games. Aerobiz was number 200

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1663 on: October 14, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »

WRONG!

BRB

'Late

Such hate

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Just ask around, they'll tell ya...  Wink
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1664 on: October 14, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »

I guess no "Save the Hangtabs" T-shirt for zcrich01

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 173 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length