RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:12:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 172 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 789772 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1815 on: January 22, 2015, 01:51:34 AM »

Just hit a new milestone with my overall collection. What milestone, you ask? Well, here are a few hints:

- 'Late
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1816 on: January 22, 2015, 06:40:38 AM »

You've... collected one of each Atari 2600 model?
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1817 on: January 22, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »

You've... collected one of each Atari 2600 model?

Well, you've got the digits right... which is all you've got right. Hint, hint.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1818 on: January 22, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »

Sweet. Im only 1700 games off from that!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1819 on: January 22, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »

AH! You've hit 2600 items in your collection!?
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1820 on: January 22, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »

Sweet. Im only 1700 games off from that!

You're really lagging behind. If only there was some place you could go to buy more games.

AH! You've hit 2600 items in your collection!?

Sheesh, are you dense or-- no wait, you got it. Sorry I yelled at you.

UPDATE: I now have 300 full PS2 games, the first system in my collection to attain this disstinction, and currently still the only system I have with 200+ games. Now it's on to 300 full NTSC PS2 games; I'm three away...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:39:10 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1821 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:04 AM »

Hit 175 DS games today with my most recent craigslist lot.

Notables included were Arkanoid DS, The Dark Spire, Away: Shuffle Dungeon, and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #1822 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:24 AM »

I just hit 1,004 overall items that are listed in the database, with NES Monopoly CIB being that 1,000th item.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1823 on: January 26, 2015, 08:51:29 AM »

I eclipsed 350 Genesis games (and the halfway mark of 353) over the weekend. I also eclipsed 260 NES titles. I'm nearing the halfway point on N64 as well (at 143 currently).
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1824 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:25 PM »

Wow, some of your collections must be amazing.  I'm more than a little jealous, although it also makes me glad in a way, because I still have a lot of the "hunt" left before I'll be in the same ballpark as most of you.  I enjoy the hunting and finding aspect of collecting, which is why (aside from the financial consideration) I tend to not buy large lots.  I go nuts when I see stuff cheap at pawn shops and Goodwill, primarily because I can score it for pennies on the dollar, but otherwise, I try not to buy too many games at once if I'm buying at a game shop.  I enjoy taking my time with some of the acquisition.  Does it mean I may never achieve a full set of anything?  Sure.  But at the end of the day, the fun I have with collecting is more important to me than the actual reaching of the goal of the full set, or whatever goal I've set for myself.  I do have to say, however, I'm not far from reaching the personal goal/milestone of owning every North American released shmup for the original PlayStation.  I think I have 2 or 3 left, including 1 variant.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1825 on: January 26, 2015, 02:45:54 PM »

Wow, some of your collections must be amazing.  I'm more than a little jealous, although it also makes me glad in a way, because I still have a lot of the "hunt" left before I'll be in the same ballpark as most of you.  I enjoy the hunting and finding aspect of collecting, which is why (aside from the financial consideration) I tend to not buy large lots.  I go nuts when I see stuff cheap at pawn shops and Goodwill, primarily because I can score it for pennies on the dollar, but otherwise, I try not to buy too many games at once if I'm buying at a game shop.  I enjoy taking my time with some of the acquisition.  Does it mean I may never achieve a full set of anything?  Sure.  But at the end of the day, the fun I have with collecting is more important to me than the actual reaching of the goal of the full set, or whatever goal I've set for myself.  I do have to say, however, I'm not far from reaching the personal goal/milestone of owning every North American released shmup for the original PlayStation.  I think I have 2 or 3 left, including 1 variant.

I've managed to accrue the majority of my Genesis games (in 4ish years of collecting them) from various thrift/pawn shops, as well as a few Craigslist lots here and there....of course, I've bought several from game stores as well, but only if they were substantially cheaper than what I would be paying for the same online.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1826 on: January 26, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »

Just about all of mine were from thrift and local stores, though I had to purchase my Miracle Piano through a friend of a friend here on RFGeneration. Worth every penny to me though.

It's interesting to watch your Genesis collection grow, zcrich. You come across a completely different set of games than I did.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:59:53 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1827 on: January 26, 2015, 06:18:29 PM »

local collecting is almost impossible for me when going for a complete CIB n64 set. there are 5 game stores in the area that gobble up most of the market, so thrift stores are nearly always dry. that and CIB n64 is extremely uncommon around here, and when it does show up it tends to be in rough shape. i'm almost forced to go through ebay and other online options, that's where i've picked up a lot of my N64 collection. though i did manage to snag a sculptor's cut manual (and cart separately) locally.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1828 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:08 PM »

Most any cardboard in my area is beat up, and most of the plastic clamshell cases have sun damage if they're at a thrift. I've had to pick and choose condition, otherwise I'd have most of the Genesis set done. Cry

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1829 on: January 26, 2015, 11:15:50 PM »

My collection has mostly been thrifted as well, but when I was in high school/college and had the luxury of still living at home, I spent a lot at my local Gamestop. I wouldn't change that though. As much as I hate GS nowadays, it was responsible for me being able to get most of the rare and expensive Gamecube stuff when it was still pretty cheap. Overall, I would estimate that it will have saved me at least a thousand dollars compared to if I were to have started collecting those later. Titles like Fire Emblem and Skies of Arcadia are very expensive now and I picked 'em up when they were in the under $20 bin.

For the milestone I originally came to post, I have hit 25 Game Boy Color games with Duke Nukem.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 172 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length