RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Proud To Be British 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Proud To Be British  (Read 1673 times)
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: July 10, 2006, 04:25:14 AM »

I received this by E-mail today, thought it was quite funny:

Proud to be British
Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign.
Oh and......- Only in Britain... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
Only in Britain... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions - while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
Only in Britain... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.
Only in Britain...   do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.
Only in Britain... do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.
Only in Britain... do we use answering machines to screen call and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
Only in Britain... are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.
NOT TO MENTION...
3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.
58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.
19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.
British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling accidents.
101 people since 1999 have had broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth.
5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of Control Scalextric cars.and finally.........
In 2000 eight Brits cracked their skull whilst throwing up into the toilet.
I am proud to be British
sinning.dragon
Atari 7800

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 04:37:39 AM »

Wow, quite a bit of that applies to americans.

I feel quite proud to buy my cigarettes at the front of the store, fyi. Fuck those sick guys. : D

Phia the Pirate: which I think means that link is a slut
Phia the Pirate: because, you know, he keeps taking it in the face
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 07:08:05 AM »

I think that (well, the part of that which wasn't about Britans specifically) applies to most of the western world.  Good read though.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »

Some of those I didnt get.

I agree with Hydrobond about those being appled to the western world.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »

yes, yes it does very much so apply to americans.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length