RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:40:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | my friend 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: my friend  (Read 3311 times)
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« on: July 20, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »

my friend, who didnt like classic gaming, now loves it.  there was a local movie store going out of business, and they had a mystery 50 gallon box of video games for auction.  my friends dad put a $20 bid on it. he won and didnt have any use for the games, so he gave them to my friend (his son).  in the box, was about 20 NES games CIB, 5 NES games loose, 26 SNES games CIB, 9 loose SNES, genesis with 10 games CIB, 1 loose, a sega CD, 32x, and power adaptor, 2 master system games, ( a cartridge and card) 1 32x game (knuckles chaotix) and 3 CD games CIB.  plus, the NES, SNES, and genesis all were CIB.  he called and told me, at first i didnt believe him and thought he would probly sell me the stuff for very cheap like he does most games, but i went to his house to show him how to use rf and see it, and he did have everything.  when i got there i looked  and thought "wow this is all mine"  sadly, he put in super mario bros 3 and was immediately hooked. Sad.  im happy becuz now i know someone i can talk to about classic gaming, but sad knowing that how he used to not like classic gaming, i could of bought it off of him for cheap.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220008370617
i just one that and didnt want to create a new thread.  and The_wizard_666:  i will still make that trade with you if you want to, its always good having doubles of a system.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:57:00 PM by ganonbanned » Logged
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »

today i got heroes of might and magic II (the GBC version) and sega smash pack (The GBA version) both CIb for $13 
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 08:12:54 AM »

it would have been cool to get all that stuff. but like you said, now you've got someone to share your hobby with. that's even cooler.

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:46:56 AM »

Did you tell your friend to "put it on channel 3" and join the RF Generation forums?  Grin
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 11:18:01 AM »

Did you tell your friend to "put it on channel 3" and join the RF Generation forums?  Grin

+1 for you  Wink  laugh

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 11:55:43 AM »

no but i should
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 10:04:53 AM »

no but i should

Indeed you should.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »

It's great when friends dump things on you. Last June, one of my friends gave me his Mega Drive with 14 games for free just because he didn't want it. I offered him money but he refused it.

Another one of my friends said I could have his SNES because it doesn't work. I haven't been able to contact him about it for a while, and I don't want to push him. He said it only sometimes boots up, and when it does it's very blocky and pixelated. It sounds like a dodgy cartridge slot to me, so it should be a fairly easy fix.

On the other hand, it's always good when you've got a friend who's into the same hobby as you. It gives you something to talk about. I've offered one of my spare Master Systems to one of my friends. He said he might buy it but he's usually too busy with University and programming his PC games. He recently had a cricket manager game published. It only got 47% in one magazine. But he has to start somewhere, and that's not bad for a first game. It's like Bill Gates said, don't expect to leave school and start on a $100,000 job. (Something like that)

My friends usually enjoy coming over and playing old games. I've had a few days where five of us did nothing but that.
Patrick
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 03:48:15 AM »

A friend of mine's started buying a lot of Dreamcast games recently, which is fantastic because it means when we go to boot fairs looking for games, we're both out there looking! It means any DC games we see go to him, unless he's already got them, but all Megadrive finds are mine Smiley

Though he's not a collector (he actually collects VHS - shame there's no VCR Generation for him to join), since he started buying games he seems to appreciate my hobby a lot more and knows what it feels like to have a great CIB find.

Having friends with the same hobby is a great thing - I wish my mates would play games with me as often as I'd like!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length