RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 955248 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4185 on: February 19, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

Beat World Love Organization

Started Clannad. Same type of game. Supposed to be shorter but requires me to actually be here the whole time. I like it less.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #4186 on: February 19, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »

Started Warp last night. It reminds me A LOT of Oddworld Abe's Oddysee.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4187 on: February 19, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

No way!
Will be getting that then.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4188 on: February 19, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »

just beat Alan Wake, i really enjoyed it. kind of confused by the ending, but i haven't played the DLC yet so maybe that sheds some light on it (no pun intended). the extras in the collector's edition really impressed me too, considering they're mostly digital. an hour of behind the scenes documentaries, maybe about 100-150 concept art screenshots, a video commentary option to enable for the main game that pops up with little developer commentaries in the corner as you're playing to talk about things you see. also some dashboard themes, an avatar, physical soundtrack, and a full physical book with investigative interviews and research all set in the game world. oh and it came with the first DLC...have yet to play that, will probably do it later today.
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4189 on: February 19, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »

Left 4 dead 2- wish people would learn that a gun can be used from a distance
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4190 on: February 19, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »

My buddy picked up Soul Calibur 5 this weekend, so we played for about 7 hours straight.  Overall, I'm going to say I really like it.  I wasn't a huge fan of 3 or 4, but I loved 2.  I think (the multiplayer, at least) is just behind 2 in terms of favorites.

We ran through the story mode, which ended up being pretty lacking.  The first few episodes were fun, and Patroklos and Pyrrha seem to be good fighters.  However, it ends up being pretty lackluster, and you're eventually forced to use alpha Patroklos for far too many battles (I think he is an awful character.  His moveset stinks).  Other than that, there was no weapon master or tower of lost souls, just an arcade mode.  So single player is definitely lacking in SC5.

However, the multiplayer is fantastic.  We played with all the characters, and we loved most of them.  Ezio is a fantastic addition to the series, and probably one of my favorites.  Siegfried's face now looks almost like Mitsurugi, but he is extremely strong and combo-heavy.  Nightmare is a pure animal, and has some really cool costume designs.  Guards impacts now require the use of the new soul gauge thing (not sure what it actually called), but I couldn't get into using it so strings of combos were inevitable.  The new Edge attacks are awesome though, and present a whole new strategy to the game.
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #4191 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »

Just finished the 6th chapter of Resident Evil Revelations. I'm enjoying it so far, not among the best ones of Resident Evil, but it doesn't disappoints as some press reviewers stated (like Edge Magazine). The episodes with Jill and Parker are great, they recover some Resident Evil old school feel, featuring some puzzles, haunting setting, backtracking and cheesy lines. I would have liked Revelations even more if it had just stayed this way, without parallel events featuring other characters (fortunately these parts are just a few, the main focus is Jill and Parker inside the ship).
FireStar
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4192 on: February 20, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »

Played some Sid Meier's Pirates! for Wii. Pretty close to the PC version aside from some useless motion controls. I always love how almost immediately you can take out big-name pirates. 
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4193 on: February 20, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »

Idolmaster: Live for You!

Music game. Apparently MUCH easier than the first in the series.
There was one song that was supposed to be super hard. I played the whole game with no sound and only had to repeat 2 stages out of 16 1 time and the super hard stage 5 times. I went from finishing with .06% on no sound to 85+% with sound and on my second sound play i managed 100+% Smiley

Doing mop up now.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4194 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »

I love rhythm games, and Idolmaster and Lucky Star are awesome!
(no, seriously...I LOVE MUSIC AND RHYTHM GAMES).

Gotham City Impostors has been taking up my time recently. I'm hoping to pick up an NTSC-J box after I close on the house, so I'll be able to join in on the festivities.
How's GTASC going for you guys so far?

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4195 on: February 20, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »

just beat Alan Wake, i really enjoyed it. kind of confused by the ending, but i haven't played the DLC yet so maybe that sheds some light on it (no pun intended). the extras in the collector's edition really impressed me too, considering they're mostly digital. an hour of behind the scenes documentaries, maybe about 100-150 concept art screenshots, a video commentary option to enable for the main game that pops up with little developer commentaries in the corner as you're playing to talk about things you see. also some dashboard themes, an avatar, physical soundtrack, and a full physical book with investigative interviews and research all set in the game world. oh and it came with the first DLC...have yet to play that, will probably do it later today.

I absolutely loved this game.  I would easily put it in my top 5 games of all time.  Everything about it:  The combat mechanics, the story, the atmosphere, the landscapes, everything about it just strikes a cord with me.  It's been a solid 6 months since the last time I played it, but I can honestly say that I've thought about it everyday since.
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #4196 on: February 21, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »

Just beat Resident Evil Revelations. Overall i enjoyed the game, its really great, mainly the ship scenario, which is the closest thing we got in years to the old Resident Evil games. Didn't like the sequences outside the ship though, boring settings / characters, but thankfully they don't get too long, neither screw up the game.

Found the final chapters very cool, has a Titanic feeling on it, and the music that plays on the last scenario is creepy and fantastic.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:19:02 AM by raffa1985 » Logged
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #4197 on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »

After Revelations, i will get back to Shinobi (3DS) and try to finish it. I didn't expect too much of this new version, but surprisingly it's a good game, not among 3DS best offerings certainly, but i'm having a good time, so far at least.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4198 on: February 21, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »

Doing the water dungeon in Skies of Arcadia to kill some time.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #4199 on: February 21, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

Still about Resident Evil Revelations. For the first time in Resident Evil series, there are underwater levels, but unlike in most games, they do not suck. Kudos to Capcom for making water stages fun.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length