RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:43:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Wii Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Discussion  (Read 32289 times)
JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »

I'm not sure why, but the Wii seems to have trouble operating on the default channel on wireless routers.  Mine worked just fine, but I had to change the channel on both my uncle's router and for one of my friends.

I don't remember the channel it needs to be on, but that might be a place to start checking.

[Mini Rant]
Any why the hell doesn't the DS support WPA? It doesn't have to be WPA2, but c'mon people.  WEP can be hacked in about 10 - 15 minutes if you know what you're doing. I hate that I have to run my whole network at a lower security setting just for the DS.  I even thought about running a seperate network segment off of my main network's DMZ with a wireless access point specifically for the lower encryption on the DS. WTF Nintendo? I love the DS, but how about a firmware update or something that lets us use WPA?
[/Mini Rant]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:09:34 AM by JWKobayashi » Logged

[img width=350 height=19]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/JLateralus.gif[/img]
Tan
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2007, 12:15:51 AM »

channel 11 if i recall correctly
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2007, 10:20:55 AM »

Channel 1 or 11

WEP or WPA doesn't matter to me. I just turned on WEP on my router for the first time in 5 years.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2007, 06:09:12 PM »

Nintendo is only a slight whore.

Metroid Prime 3 to launch in the US on August 20 from the evil site

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »

So, I'm slightly interested to see if Composers correspond to characters.

Sora and Riku for the win.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html

Hello World.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »

I'm having a problem getting online. I'm using a wireless router. I did the test connection and it was successful. I can view the news & weather. I just can't get on the Wii Shop Channel. When I try the Wii Shop Channel, it just stays on one particular screen and does nothing for a few hours. How do I change the channel to either 1 or 11?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 01:54:31 PM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »

Hit it with a big rock until it switches.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Kamino
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »

Wii?
Wiimote?
Wiitarded.
Kams doesn't like wii.
Every time i play the wii, I can't help but feel like it's just a cheap gimmick; a gamecube with a power glove.
The system isn't even capable of 720p HD output. C'mon.
I  end up playing wii every few weeks/months, and every time..i walk away feeling like everything could have been accomplished just as well with a control pad or joystick. also, that sensor bar blows ass. I haven't experienced such lousy wireless since the early 90s.
Oh well, you get what you pay for. Cough up another $200 and get a real system, I mean, a 360.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »

Wow, you, Tondog, and TheMalignedLeon need to make a group.

Anyways, to be honest, the games up to now have been.... gimmicky. I hope that when the big guns come out that this trend changes.

Hello World.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2007, 07:35:07 PM »

Hey, I'm a Wii supporter!

But most of the games so far have been gimmicky crap. I will be really disappointed in it if they don't move beyond that territory and get more games with substance. DS is kind of suffering the same thing right now.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »

How do I change the channel to either 1 or 11?

It is somewhere in the setting of your router.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »

The only two games I have so far are WiiSports and Zelda. Both fantastic.

The Wii is the way of the future. I'm a die-hard Sony fan and I opted for a Wii instead. That's gotta say something.

Hey, I'm a Wii supporter!

But most of the games so far have been gimmicky crap. I will be really disappointed in it if they don't move beyond that territory and get more games with substance. DS is kind of suffering the same thing right now.

Go get Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin and let that take over your life. Quite possibly the best game on DS right now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:09:02 PM by hXd » Logged

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2007, 01:11:11 PM »

It can't be. Phoenix Wright or Hotel Dusk is. DS is the savior of the adventure genre.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Kamino
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »

ds sucks too.
I had a ds for the last year(still do) rarely used it...just bought a psp last week. goes to work with me daily. sony ftw!
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2007, 01:18:25 PM »

I'm using my DS a lot more than other systems lately. I can see where someone wouldn't like DS much if you aren't a fan of platformers, adventures, puzzle games, or those odd brain age type games like I am. There isn't much else of note on the system.

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length