RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:23:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Just Got the ZX Spectrum, Amiga CD32 & Amstrad GX4000. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Just Got the ZX Spectrum, Amiga CD32 & Amstrad GX4000.  (Read 4688 times)
Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:17:20 PM »

This month I just got lots of boxs from UK from a friend that knew I collect old video games and he sended me some that never came here to the US one of the box I first open is the ZX Spectrum 48K with 160+ games heres a short list of what I have,

Cool heres the list of games I have so far.

The four tape games I see I love already are:
Bruce Lee.
Bubble Bobble.
Wonder Boy.
Commando.

The others I never seen before are:
Seymour goes to Hollywood.
Slightly Magic.
Tarzzan goes Ape.
CJ in the USA.
CJ's Elephantantics.
World Games, Streaker.
Wolfan,Passing Shot.
Little Puff in Dragonland.
Thouth the Trap Door.
Skool Daze.
Back to Sckool.
Fighting Warrior.
Rapid Fire.
Andy Capp.
Down to Earth.
Codebook Caper.
BMX Racers.
Action Biker Clumsy.
Jason's Gam.

[img width=700 height=525]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8513/zxspectrumus4.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=491]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3929/zxspectrumtapes1ck9.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=413]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2807/zxspectrumtapes2ja6.jpg[/img]

the next boxs are a Amiga CD32 with some CD games like Superfrog and a Amstrad GX4000 with one bundle game Burnning Rubber

[img width=700 height=525]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/484/gx4000ve7.jpg[/img]

but I live in the US and cant play PAL games so any info of these consoles? DO anyone here live in the UK and has seen or play these consoles?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:51:04 AM »

The GX4000 is very rare and quite valuable.

The spectrum and its games aren't really worth much. The games are only worth maybe 50p each at most.

The Amiga CD32 is fairly uncommon.

Skool Daze is supposed to be a really good game.

I've got a Spectrum 128k +3.  Cool I can't get it to play tape games, though. It doesn't have a built in tape deck so I have to use a separate tape player.

The trouble with tape games is that they're magnetic and corrupt over time, which is why the games aren't worth much.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »

Nice pickups!!

There was a system somewhat compatable with the Spectrum sold here in North America.  The TS2068, it was designed/built by Sinclair and sold by Timex.  I have one (or two) but have never tried any Spectrum games.  From what I understand only a some work without adding an emulator chip to the system.  That might be too much work to try out those games!!

The Amiga CD32 looks just like the one I have from here but I don't know if the CD are region specific but I would venture a guess that they are.

I have four different Amstrad system, three that were sold here in the States and one from the UK (CPC 6128) but I have never seen that one, it looks pretty cool.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:00:36 AM »

The Spectrum is considered a classic over here in  the UK. Many people started gaming on these systems (me being one of them). There are some great games for the system Skool Daze being one of them. Before Bully (Canis Canem Edit) many magazines over here were saying that Skool Daze and Back To Skool are its natural predecessors. There are thousands of games available for the system, and as James has already said they only cost around 50p. Other greats include any of the Dizzy games, Head Over Heels and Target Renegade.

The GX4000 is a relatively unpopular console which was released over here, hence the scarcity and high prices for CIB. CIB games are also pretty expensive fo rthe system  too. The games are mainly updated ports of Amstrad CPC64 games. 
cauterize
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »

CD32 is pure 16bit gaming at its best! Some games can rival the SNES and Megdrive!
Superfrog (which you already have is an absolute classic)
I suggest you track down 'Brian The Lion' and 'Marvins Marvelous Adventure'

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:31:11 AM »

CD32 is pure 16bit gaming at its best! Some games can rival the SNES and Megdrive!
Superfrog (which you already have is an absolute classic)
I suggest you track down 'Brian The Lion' and 'Marvins Marvelous Adventure'

Hi, Adam! I saw your name in the userlist a while ago and was wondering when you were going to post. Wink
Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 12:22:41 PM »

Hye I try to list the Spectrum games on here but not many are on the Add List? How can I add games if they are not listed?
Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »

BTW the last package I got with the games also came with a used book he gave me call The Encyclopedia of Game.Machines. This book presents almost every game computer and console ever created from Japan, USA, and Europe. From Pong to Xbox and many UK units I never seen before Shocked

[img width=400 height=580]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/671/gamemachinesqa5.jpg[/img]

Heres some of the pages in PDF

Contents
Sinclair Spectrum chapter, first and second page
Atari ST chapter, first and second page
NEC PC-Engine chapter, first and second page
Hardware and games indexes
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »

lol this "console" is nothing but a CPC464 without the keyboard and was seen as nothing but a piece of shit when it was new, There used to be hundreds in catalog discounts shops trying to get rid of unwanted stock and i think its only got about 5 games as non sold.

the CD32 is an Amiga A1200 with no keyboard but it can take on as an add on as an A1200 with a CD-ROM is the same machine,  and if i remember right the AGA chipset makes it 32bit not 16 but its been years since i played one (even though i have an A1200)

Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 09:08:39 PM »

The spectrum and its games aren't really worth much. The games are only worth maybe 50p each at most.

I've got a Spectrum 128k +3.  Cool I can't get it to play tape games, though. It doesn't have a built in tape deck so I have to use a separate tape player.

The trouble with tape games is that they're magnetic and corrupt over time, which is why the games aren't worth much.
The Spectrum is considered a classic over here in  the UK. Many people started gaming on these systems (me being one of them). There are some great games for the system Skool Daze being one of them. Before Bully (Canis Canem Edit) many magazines over here were saying that Skool Daze and Back To Skool are its natural predecessors. There are thousands of games available for the system, and as James has already said they only cost around 50p. Other greats include any of the Dizzy games, Head Over Heels and Target Renegade.

The GX4000 is a relatively unpopular console which was released over here, hence the scarcity and high prices for CIB. CIB games are also pretty expensive fo rthe system  too. The games are mainly updated ports of Amstrad CPC64 games. 

lol this "console" is nothing but a CPC464 without the keyboard and was seen as nothing but a piece of shit when it was new, There used to be hundreds in catalog discounts shops trying to get rid of unwanted stock and i think its only got about 5 games as non sold.

the CD32 is an Amiga A1200 with no keyboard but it can take on as an add on as an A1200 with a CD-ROM is the same machine,  and if i remember right the AGA chipset makes it 32bit not 16 but its been years since i played one (even though i have an A1200)

Hey do any of you guys know where I can fine more Spectrum games or any UK games online or some one who lives in or near UK?
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »

yeah its called the ebay you might have heard of it?? and as for England me AndyC, James and i presume cauterize all live there.

I personally dont know of any other web sites but they might as even though the Spectrums were out when i was a kid i dint have one and dont really like it though for some reason i do have 3 of em and some of the cartridge games

cauterize
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 04:29:10 AM »

Hey do any of you guys know where I can fine more Spectrum games or any UK games online or some one who lives in or near UK?

I have quite alot i need to sort through, but if youre interested in them i can get you a list/pictures Smiley

as for England me AndyC, James and i presume cauterize all live there.

Leeds and proud mate!

cauterize
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 04:30:11 AM »

Oh also, its a shame Digitpress is down as i posted a full guide on how to play ZX Specturm games from a CD...
Something you might wanna check out!

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 04:46:12 AM »

E-bay is defo the easiest place for Speccy games, you can pick up handfuls for just a few quid. You do have to be careful though as some of them have lost the data over age and won't load up. This can be quite annoying when you are waiting 15-20 mins and nothing happens.

Linky to Speccy games on E-bay UK : http://video-games.listin...22QQsocmdZListingItemList

If they don't ship to US I could try and sort it out for you if you like.
Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 05:14:46 AM »

Oh also, its a shame Digitpress is down as i posted a full guide on how to play ZX Specturm games from a CD...
Something you might wanna check out!

Really? Oh and is there away to place Amiga games on a CDR and play it on the CD32?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length