RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:46:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Has anyone had problems with there Wii's? Damn memory cards... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Has anyone had problems with there Wii's? Damn memory cards...  (Read 2597 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: November 28, 2006, 08:15:21 AM »

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with there Wii's?  I'm having issues with the damn Gamecube memory cards.  The first time I played a GC game the memory card worked but every time after that I have to pushed down on the memory card to get it to work.  Even when I do that it doesn't work all the time.  Last night after loading my game the game wouldn't save saving there was no card in the slot.  I did eventually get it to work but man what a pain in the ass!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:17:22 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 12:21:33 PM »

The only problem I have had with a Wii, is that I can't find one. 

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 03:06:50 PM »

The only problem I have had with a Wii, is that I can't find one. 

Well, the wait shouldn't be too long now.

SMS set complete!
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 04:15:51 PM »

hmmm.....i didnt try my GCN functionality on my Wii....with a problem like that, I guess i should at least give it a go, not like ill use my Wii for GCN games, but I should try it all the same.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 04:44:20 PM »

I find it amusing that the Wii is beset by so many bugs when all along everyone was saying the PS3 was going to be a crippled mess. All I've seen about PS3 is an HDMI problem. While the Wii has had all kinds of errors.

Just do a google search. First search Wii problems, and then search PS3 problems. You'll see what I mean.

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 04:48:55 PM »

PlayStation 3 Problems: 8,640,000
PS3 Problems: 4,720,000

Given the differential in systems sold, I'd say meh to your comment.

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 04:58:32 PM »

I find it amusing that the Wii is beset by so many bugs when all along everyone was saying the PS3 was going to be a crippled mess. All I've seen about PS3 is an HDMI problem. While the Wii has had all kinds of errors.
I've read of a few errors. Like not taking the disc in properly, spinning the disc and not recognising there's one in there, crashing randomly. Reports don't seem disproportionately high like the 360, though.

Every new piece of electronic hardware will have problems. The voice of the internet will make matters seem worse than they are.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 02:48:26 AM »

Well by the google search I meant the links themselves. Wii is all about problems and ps3 is all about how it's going to have problems. Hmmm Tongue

You caught me with number of units out there though. Can't slip nothing by you guys Wink

When shall his new form be revealed?
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 04:46:43 PM »

When I start the system up, I see this error message (right after the health warning. press A to continue...)
It has happened once before, and went away.

It happened after a long session in Wii sports, where i had made some serious progress.  I think it might have something to do with the system generated messages.  Last time I slept on it and it worked the next day.  I'll give it past midnight tonight to see.  I'll post an update later on whether or not it worked.  If it doesn't work, their online support site says that I can mail it in (for free) and have it fixed for free as it is most definately covered in the one year warranty.  They should be able to transfer over saves and vc stuff too.

Here's the pic:
[img width=590 height=285]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/collections/OatBob/Wii-error_system_files_corrupted.JPG[/img]

Only other problem I've had is that its frozen on me three times at checkpoints in Red Steel.  The game did always manage to save my progress, so no big loss.

-------------------------------------

Here is the conclusion.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:16:42 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 05:03:54 PM »

I've had a few disc reading problesm with Wii Sports, but other than that, no problems here.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »

OatBob, I got that same message once after Wii Sports as well. I just unplugged my Wii for 10 seconds, plugged it back in, and haven't had a problem since.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:06:39 PM »

This is a followup to my previous post.

Antimind, I had left it unplugged for about ten hours to no success.  It did work the first time I received this error last week.

Otherwise, my Wii sat in standby mode throughout the rest of the day and received the same error.  I just tried it again tonight and it works.  I downloaded today's update (adding parental control functionality) after I could use it again.  I have no clue to why it conveniently works again the night before I'm ready to call up Nintendo.

Problem solved.  No answers though.  At least I caught the error message for posterity.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:12:58 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 08:34:50 AM »

I am using a 3rd party memory card.  Possibly it isn't making a connection in the slot all the time.

SMS set complete!
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 03:05:44 PM »

I haev been having a problem with Gamecube memory cards as well.  It isn't reading the smaller memory card I have in there at all.  I haven't really tried to fix it yet, but one day I will.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length