RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:11:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | BCS Series / college football bowl talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: BCS Series / college football bowl talk  (Read 15018 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »

... it would be boring if the best team always won.

It wouldn't be boring if your team was the one with the perfect record.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 11:28:42 AM »

the current parity is boring, you may as well roll dice

people watch sports for drama, and while watching a good team roll over a weak team is boring to watch, when two good teams colide (OSU/Michigan last month), the drama is multiplied exponentially.  with all the parity in the NFL, there are no great teams, and a ton of second chances so when two good teams play each other, the drama never reaches the boiling point
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »

the current parity is boring, you may as well roll dice

people watch sports for drama, and while watching a good team roll over a weak team is boring to watch, when two good teams colide (OSU/Michigan last month), the drama is multiplied exponentially.  with all the parity in the NFL, there are no great teams, and a ton of second chances so when two good teams play each other, the drama never reaches the boiling point

I have to disagree with you.  The recent Bengals Ravens game was very intense.  The Denver and Indy games will also be that way. 

The NFL tried to make a very high pressure game, with the Bengals and the Steelers plaing on New Year, but with the way the Steelers have been performing recently, most people could care less.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »

bengals/ravens and denver/indy will in no way come within a light year of Ohio State/Michigan in terms of intenisty and drama
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:20:55 PM by chrisbid » Logged
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »

Here's what sucks....If USC had beaten UCLA....USC would be number 2.  I guarantee that Michigan would have been number 3 and Florida number 4.  So many voters didn't want to see a rematch, so they gave it to Florida.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 01:45:53 PM »

Here's what sucks....If USC had beaten UCLA....USC would be number 2.  I guarantee that Michigan would have been number 3 and Florida number 4.  So many voters didn't want to see a rematch, so they gave it to Florida.

Ken

Agrees, and there in lies the controversy.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 01:54:58 PM »

the ultimate irony is, the last time there was a rematch for the NC, florida was the beneficiary
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 12:30:08 AM »

The problem with college football compared to the pros is having to play a conference scedule. Every BCS conference has its top 2 or 3 teams that are going to beat the rest of the teams year in and year out. With the exception of the sec which has 6 to 8 teams that could play with or beat any of the top 2 or 3 teams in the other conferences. Then you have a team like Notre Dame who is lumped in the big east conference and shares with them when it comes to bowls but doesnt play any of the big east teams.If notre dame is going to be lumped in with the big east and take one of there bowls I think they should have to play all the big east teams.

College football division 1 is the only sport there is not a playoff. Its based on opinions. What happens if Florida thumps OSU  Usc beats mich and arkansas thumps wiscosin it would show the big ten was overated. The problem is there is not enough interconference play during the season...I think if there not going togo to a playoff they should come up with a point system where you get points for playing out of conference games.

example if Oklahoma  played..OSU, MICH, USC, FLA, WVU, MIAMI  along with conference games and lost 2 of the out of conference games by close scores they should get the nod over a team that played  the teams in there conference and a weak out of conference scedule with no losses.

but then you have to consider some of the teams that are usally ranked in the top ten year in and year out having a bad season  you put them on the scedule but they were bad that year ..so a playoff is the only fair way to decide a champion..plus it would be much more exciting for fans 

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 09:00:42 AM »

it would not be more exciting for the fans, college football is already the most exciting sport in the country, a playoff would water down the regular season like it does in college basketball and every pro sport.  the rivalries that mean something would turn into novelties like army/navy or harvard/yale. 

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »

college football is already the most exciting sport in the country

sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 12:43:44 PM »

what other sport fills 100,000 seat stadiums every week, and would easily fill stadiums twice that size?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

what other sport fills 100,000 seat stadiums every week, and would easily fill stadiums twice that size?

I agree but to me football is boring. Although college football is better to watch then the NFL.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 12:59:36 PM »

fair enough
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 01:18:17 PM »

Trick question Huh Undecided

NASCAR ?

But seriously, your right.... College football drives college sports. And the Big house is filled to capacity every week!

At this point, I dont care anymore. Michigan is going to play in the "Grand Daddy" of the bowl games. It's been a nice season, and they are going to finish up strong against a highly over-rated USC team (IMO).

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »

the winner of the rose bowl will have the inside track on preseason #1 next year.  that is pretty good motivation on top of it just being the rose bowl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length