RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:34:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Beaten in 2007 Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: The Beaten in 2007 Thread  (Read 27482 times)
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2007, 12:28:58 AM »

Finally beat Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast put about 40 plus hours in that game. Good game though, highly recommend it.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »

3/31/07
The Godfather (Xbox)

4/2/07
Armed and Dangerous (Xbox)

4/3/07
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II (Xbox)

4/4/07
Metal Arms Glitch In The System (Xbox)

8/4/07
Bonanza Brothers (Genesis)

8/23/07
Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)

9/15/07
Max Payne (Xbox)

9/21/07
Home Alone (Genesis)

9/29/07
Barney's Hide and Seek (Genesis)

10/08/07
Crazy Frog Arcade Racing (PS2)

11/12/07
Freedom Fighters (Xbox)

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2007, 02:35:31 AM »

Finally beat Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast put about 40 plus hours in that game. Good game though, highly recommend it.

Winner.

Tan
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »

January - RTC: Shogun Empires for the DS
January - Splinter Cell DA for the Xbox

Spring - Baldur's Gate DA - GBA

June - Federation campaign in Star Trek Tactical Assault

Sept. 3rd - Two Worlds single player game (X360) ~25 hours or so level 53
Sept. 12th - Marvel Ultimate Alliance (X360)

Oct. 17th - Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

November 16th - Call of Duty 3
November 21st - Viva Pinata
November 25th - Shivering Isles
November 27th - Mass Effect
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 03:17:22 PM by Tan » Logged
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »

I got through all of the main scenarios in RE: Umbrella Chronicles on Easy. Easy my ass, that was the hardest shooter I've ever played.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos beaten on normal 2nd of December, then hard on the 4th.
I use to love playing Warcraft II on the Saturn & PSOne, and only really installed Warcraft III for quick custom battles in my spare time. The battles never were quick though, but the more I played it the more I liked it until I eventually started a campaign out of curiosity. Then I ended up glued to the story until I finished it. The game has now become one off my favourites.

Tan
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2007, 08:10:23 AM »

Completed DiRT (Colin McRae) for the 360 last night. Smiley

December 14th - DiRT (X360)
Magewout
RFG Friend
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2007, 06:50:19 AM »

In alphabetical order:

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The (DS) [Somewhere in October]
Resident Evil 4 (GC) [somewhere in May]
Pokémon Snap (N64) [June 29]
Spirou (GB) [August 24]
Super Mario Galaxy [Think November 20]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 08:45:02 AM »

16/01/07 - Tetris DS 200 Line Marathon Mode - DS
-/4/07 - Call of Duty 3
-/5/07 - Tomb Raider: Legend - Xbox 360
19/7/07 - Gears of War - Xbox 360
27/7/07 - Alien Hominid - GBA
10/2007 - Metroid Fusion - GBA
22/11/2007 - Hitman Blood Money - Xbox 360
15/12/2007 - Bioshock - Xbox 360
Ken B.
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »

I don't have any exact dates on these...

Cars - Gamecube (helped my son beat this back in January.)
Pokemon: Colosseum
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - GBA
Metroid: Fusion - GBA
Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s - PS2
Guitar Hero II - PS2 (all songs defeated on Hard)
Dead or Alive 3 - Xbox (all secrets unlocked)
Dead or Alive Ultimate - Xbox (all secrets unlocked)
Unreal Championship - Xbox (all ladders defeated)
Yu-Gi-Oh: Dawn of Destiny - Xbox (all characters defeated)

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2007, 06:10:42 AM »

Febuary:

1. Medieval 2: Total War - PC - Pwned through Europe and North Africa with the Spanish in a short campaign I turned long and got total domination. Best strategy game to date. 10/10

2. Hitman: Bloodmoney - PC - Ah violence, I love you. Beat her on Rookie mode by blasting my way through every level with silverballers a'blazing. I really do love this series, carnally. 10/10

3. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - PC - Apparently this game is linear, and it is in parts, but there were always those other parts where you HAD to go the same way and do the same thing. Weaponry seemed unrealistic in its power. For a supposedly "uber-realistic" game it seems odd that sometimes headshots don't kill. There's no realistic violence to speak of and you have all these stupid rules you have to follow. Good graphics and sound but if you want a good infiltration/stealth game grab Hitman instead. 6.5/10

July:

4. God of War 2 - PS2 - Meh, more of the same from the first one with an extremely stupid storyline. Some cool boss fights until the last one which was extremely dumb and boring. 7.77/10

5. Half Life 2 - PC - A great experience...You are hurled through a lightning fast journey where you're pulling the trigger. My only gripe is that it lacks very much tactical fighting, but the game is not about that. Still a brilliant piece of art. 9/10

September:

6. Sniper Elite - PC - Cool game. Realistic bullet physics provide some lulz. AI coulda used more work, as they can just zoom in on you from half a mile away. A little more realism with bullet wounds would have been cool as well. As is, it's pretty much a head shot = a one hit kill and a shot to anywhere else on their bodies = two bullets or more for kills. So you can shoot a guy twice in the pinky, or even his backpack, and kill him. 7.77/10

October

7. Call of Duty 2 - PC - I got this game today; it was free, thank god. I've been watching Ken Burns "The War" and found myself with a craving to kill some Nazis, so I did, and CoD 2 provided lots and lots of Nazis. Unfortunately; the fact that I got this game today means that I also beat the game today. Teh interwebs told me that it was a 10 hour campaign on normal. Well, it did take me ten hours to beat it...from the time I installed it, but I wasn't playing all ten of those hours, I played for more like four of those hours. The game is stupidly short, it's easy on Normal and your squadmates say the same stupid lines 60,000 times every two minutes. There were a few cool moments: climbing the rope at Point Du Hoc was awesome; as was driving a tank across the dunes of El Almein, but the rest was just meh. I give it a Maligned 6.66/10

8. Postal 2 - PC - It's mildly funny but after a bit the horrible game play gets to you. If, say, it ran on the Hitman engine, it would be incredible. As is, the game just tries to shock its players, and in this day and age, it could do better. 4/10

December

9. Mafia - PC - A wonderful gaming experience. It gets a little annoying at times, and an early level is nearly impossible. But once you hit the middle of the game it just takes off, sending you to an astoundingly...poignant (yes, it is a video game) ending. 9.99/10

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »

December 14th - DiRT (X360)
December 22nd - Puzzle Quest (DS)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2007, 06:32:24 AM »

23rd of December, finally beat Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne on Normal.
Had been playing it since beating Reign of Chaos. Great follow up and I feel it added even more depth to an already great story.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2007, 06:39:56 PM »

3/31/07
The Godfather (Xbox)

4/2/07
Armed and Dangerous (Xbox)

4/3/07
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II (Xbox)

4/4/07
Metal Arms Glitch In The System (Xbox)

8/4/07
Bonanza Brothers (Genesis)

8/23/07
Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)

9/15/07
Max Payne (Xbox)

9/21/07
Home Alone (Genesis)

9/29/07
Barney's Hide and Seek (Genesis)

10/08/07
Crazy Frog Arcade Racing (PS2)

11/12/07
Freedom Fighters (Xbox)

12/25/07
Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »

Febuary:

1. Medieval 2: Total War - PC - Pwned through Europe and North Africa with the Spanish in a short campaign I turned long and got total domination. Best strategy game to date. 10/10

2. Hitman: Bloodmoney - PC - Ah violence, I love you. Beat her on Rookie mode by blasting my way through every level with silverballers a'blazing. I really do love this series, carnally. 10/10

3. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - PC - Apparently this game is linear, and it is in parts, but there were always those other parts where you HAD to go the same way and do the same thing. Weaponry seemed unrealistic in its power. For a supposedly "uber-realistic" game it seems odd that sometimes headshots don't kill. There's no realistic violence to speak of and you have all these stupid rules you have to follow. Good graphics and sound but if you want a good infiltration/stealth game grab Hitman instead. 6.5/10

July:

4. God of War 2 - PS2 - Meh, more of the same from the first one with an extremely stupid storyline. Some cool boss fights until the last one which was extremely dumb and boring. 7.77/10

5. Half Life 2 - PC - A great experience...You are hurled through a lightning fast journey where you're pulling the trigger. My only gripe is that it lacks very much tactical fighting, but the game is not about that. Still a brilliant piece of art. 9/10

September:

6. Sniper Elite - PC - Cool game. Realistic bullet physics provide some lulz. AI coulda used more work, as they can just zoom in on you from half a mile away. A little more realism with bullet wounds would have been cool as well. As is, it's pretty much a head shot = a one hit kill and a shot to anywhere else on their bodies = two bullets or more for kills. So you can shoot a guy twice in the pinky, or even his backpack, and kill him. 7.77/10

October

7. Call of Duty 2 - PC - I got this game today; it was free, thank god. I've been watching Ken Burns "The War" and found myself with a craving to kill some Nazis, so I did, and CoD 2 provided lots and lots of Nazis. Unfortunately; the fact that I got this game today means that I also beat the game today. Teh interwebs told me that it was a 10 hour campaign on normal. Well, it did take me ten hours to beat it...from the time I installed it, but I wasn't playing all ten of those hours, I played for more like four of those hours. The game is stupidly short, it's easy on Normal and your squadmates say the same stupid lines 60,000 times every two minutes. There were a few cool moments: climbing the rope at Point Du Hoc was awesome; as was driving a tank across the dunes of El Almein, but the rest was just meh. I give it a Maligned 6.66/10

8. Postal 2 - PC - It's mildly funny but after a bit the horrible game play gets to you. If, say, it ran on the Hitman engine, it would be incredible. As is, the game just tries to shock its players, and in this day and age, it could do better. 4/10

December

9. Mafia - PC - A wonderful gaming experience. It gets a little annoying at times, and an early level is nearly impossible. But once you hit the middle of the game it just takes off, sending you to an astoundingly...poignant (yes, it is a video game) ending. 9.99/10

10. Max Payne 2 - PC - Good as last time. Wonderful gun play, wonderful story. Never needs be a movie as it is cinematic in itself. Not sure why it is not more acclaimed, as it brings video games to an all new level. 10/10
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:58:32 AM by The Maligned Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length