RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:18:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Having to stand on my own two feet... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Having to stand on my own two feet...  (Read 4661 times)
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »

As of this weekend just passed, I've left my parents house and moved into the house my girlfriend and myself have been rennovating for the past couple of years. The house isn't totally finished but it's more or less done.

I still have to move all of my games up from my mums house but they're not going anywhere and I'll do it when there is somewhere specific to put them.

My gaming room will be f'ing awesome once finished, but this won't be until later in the year as I need to pay for my summer holiday first and try and get back in the black.

The worst part of it all, however, is that I don't have my own PC so I'll only have access to RF Gen during works time until that's addressed as well.

Anyway I'll see if I can post some pics later in the week to show you what I've been working on for the past two years.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:35:31 AM »

Congrats on moving out!!!!!

Now go get a cheap PC.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »

Congrats!

Cheap PC FTW

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »

I don't think cheap PC's exist in England.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 11:42:33 AM »

I don't think cheap PC's exist in England.

Used = cheap.
You can get an old pentum 2 or 3 for pretty cheap thast will browse the web just fine.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »

shit come to my house i got so may old PC's i just scrap them all down

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:45 PM »

shit come to my house i got so may old PC's i just scrap them all down

I might have to take you up on that laugh

In all fairness I'll be able to afford one once I pay off my holiday, Im not in debt from all the work I've done on my house, I just owe about £1800 for my holiday to Jamaica in the summer.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 04:48:02 PM »

congratulations!

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »

Holiday = vacation

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 06:59:48 PM »

Lolz!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 03:19:16 AM »

Congratz on moving out.  And on the PC thing. I wish u lived around here a have 6 windows 98 166mhz mechines I can't give away.  They would work just fine for internet.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 03:35:38 AM »

Thanks for the generosity, maybe I could nip over from Jamaica, it's a bit closer than England. Cheesy

And also Scott I am not having it that you don't say holiday in America, I know "vacation" may be more commonplace, but last week my girlfriend bought "Last Holiday" on DVD last week, and she goes on holiday in that. Wink
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:40:26 AM »

lol its a big secret you know but Americas so big that they dont all use the same words for the same things!

Anyway well done on your own house if i dint say so, was mucho exciting when i first got mine but boaring paying bills, cleaning and shit like that

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 10:03:08 AM »

lol its a big secret you know but Americas so big that they dont all use the same words for the same things!

Anyway well done on your own house if i dint say so, was mucho exciting when i first got mine but boaring paying bills, cleaning and shit like that

I've been paying the bills for the last two years any way, well the mortgage and half council tax. Also had to pay for water connection and been paying minimal gas and electric payments. I've also had Sky + put in so thats £30 a month extra and BT phone line is £10 a month. Of course there's food on top of that, and when you're a fat bastard like me that can amount to quite a value, but other than that I think I should be OK. The missus gets paid quite a good crust too, so that always helps out when compared to my paltry wage.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 12:03:41 PM »

I just made that post because of the Bum-Man's post about the lorry/semi problems.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length