RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:05:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Ever feel like you live in a thrift store 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ever feel like you live in a thrift store  (Read 3141 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:48:55 AM »

Ive been going through all my gaming stuff and have sold a bunch of stuff off. But have also acquired a lot of stuff to pile up and replace the stuff I got rid of..I just got so much stuff piled everywhere I feel like I live in a trift store. It seems there is hardly anything you can do with loose stuff other than pile it in boxes or stuff the stuff in shelves.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »

I feel the same way at times when I'm in the closet.  Almost like I'm in a old babbages used section.  Most of the time I just stare at the boxe's and tote tray's.  Normally I don't feel like pulling something out of the boxes so I contend with what I already have out. 

Tan
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:37:32 AM »

I usually donate that sort of stuff to charity, places like Value Village and Salvation Army. Manuals i usually keep unless it matches a complete game, but loose games I've replaced, duplicates, etc. are all donated.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 10:48:35 AM »

I have random lithographs, manuals, boxes all over the place now.
Whenever they are going to get tossed at work i grab them.

Since we are doing inventory soon i can't imagine the crap i am going to bring home. Then again maybe i'll bring home nothing...

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »

I have my extras, and I sell stuff for 2 other people yeah sometimes I feel like I live in a thrift store.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 12:49:24 PM »

I'm borderline OCD, so I strain myself to keep everything I have in order.  Whenever I run out of shelf space I run out and get another shelf so I don't have to stack things, and all of my doubles are sorted alphabetically and put into straight rows in a box which I then throw into a closet I have in my game room.

So I don't feel like I live in a thrift store because I keep clutter down to an absolute minimum.  I do, however, feel like I spend all of my time in them.
DarthKur
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:29:46 PM »

My whole house resembles a thrift store. In fact it's highly unusual for me not to bring something home from one of the three thrift shops in town each time I visit them so things keep piling up. I need a warehouse.    Grin

The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 10:50:51 PM »

I love random piles of loose/duplicate games, every once in a while I just take a few piles, take pics of the titles and see if anyone wants them for something I want.
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »

I try to keep all of my shit organized, but I have a table in my gameroom, and usually all of my dupes, and shit that I'm getting ready to sell always ends up on this table. It seems to always be piled up with unwanted consoles and games. ...  so pretty much my gameroom table IS a thrift store. Right now I have two Genesis's, 6 Genesis controllers, 3 NES games, 1 Game Boy game, 1 Game Gear, 5 Famicom Disks, 2 Famicom games, 3 TG-16 games, and a stack of SNES/Genesis boxes piled up on it waiting for new homes.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »

My house definately looks like a thrift shop. Besides the thousands of video games everywhere I've got loads of guides and gaming mags. Not to mention my record collection. I've also got stacks of books everywhere. I too rarely leave a thrift shop empty handed. It's getting pretty frightening. But I can't seem to let any of it go.

nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »

Yeah, with my video games and records all in the same room it certainly smells like a thrift store.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 07:37:33 AM »

I'm borderline OCD, so I strain myself to keep everything I have in order.  Whenever I run out of shelf space I run out and get another shelf so I don't have to stack things, and all of my doubles are sorted alphabetically and put into straight rows in a box which I then throw into a closet I have in my game room.

So I don't feel like I live in a thrift store because I keep clutter down to an absolute minimum.  I do, however, feel like I spend all of my time in them.

i got the same ordel. ocd can sometimes be good. like when i flip through my cd books all the cds are turned right so they are readable. and all my games are stacked too in some odd order i came up with. each agme goes back in the same place after its used. its an organizational bonus. i do feel bad for the bad ocds that have that counting thing going on. anyways, i like my ocd.

i try to have no duplicates. i get duplicates if i acidentally buy something i have already or if i see a really good resale opportunity, i.e. found a copy of moon ranger for nes complete with box and all art for $3. could'nt pass that up even though i already had it. either way duplicates get sold off as soon as they surface.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:00:14 PM »

I'm running out of room for my shit, too.  I need a bigger thrift store in my house!:)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 09:04:16 PM »

This is what my room looks like on days when I get too many packages at once.  I don't know what to DO with all this stuff.

http://img294.imageshack....g294/7715/dsc00769iu4.jpg
http://img101.imageshack....g101/2789/dsc00768nd9.jpg
http://img251.imageshack....g251/4624/dsc00767mq8.jpg
Tan
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 09:26:22 PM »

This is what my room looks like on days when I get too many packages at once.  I don't know what to DO with all this stuff.

http://img294.imageshack....g294/7715/dsc00769iu4.jpg
http://img101.imageshack....g101/2789/dsc00768nd9.jpg
http://img251.imageshack....g251/4624/dsc00767mq8.jpg

Ah yes the "get to it later" pile. I find in my ever-shrinking living room that it's getting harder and harder to find places to dump that sort of stuff as well. So now it goes into the bedroom and I add stuff to my collection from the PC in there instead of the living room, especially when i need info for the database or pics.

Easy when you've set aside specific space for something you knew you were getting. It's just the random finds that have to be sorted, cleaned, corded and logged that sit for a few days/week.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length