RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:32:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Most recently purchased import... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Most recently purchased import...  (Read 8197 times)
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »

I know there isn't much of an import scene over here, but I thought this might make for an interesting thread none the less.

I FINALLY got Akumajou Densetsu (Castlevania III) in the mail today from Japan. I should have had this game years ago, but since I just recently got an AV Famicom a few months ago, I'm only just now getting to play it on the Fami. The music for this game is the biggest reason I've wanted this game so bad. I've been hearing about the Konami VRC6 chip that couldn't be released here, and how American's received an inferior version of this game due to the lack of the chip for years and years, and after finally playing the game on a Famicom, I would have to agree. It's games like this that make importing games and consoles seem worth it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:38:26 PM »

Very very cool. I am not into imports at all but it is nice to see someone so happy about playing a game.

Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:50:15 PM »

I don't know of any import shops besides PlayAsia (and eBay). Any other places I can pick them up?

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:11 AM »

You can get some good deals on Yahoo Japan, but since the sellers on Yahoo Japan do not ship to the US, and most of us can't read japanese, the only way to buy from there is to use sites like www.shoppingmalljapan.com . This site can be used to translate, and bid on the auctions. The sellers ship to their warehouse in japan, and then the items are shipped from that warehouse to the US. It does drive up the price alot though.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:41:07 AM by DevIancE » Logged

Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:39:57 AM »

Hey thats awesome. If I would get a Japanese Saturn this way, do you think it would end up being cheaper or more expensive than through eBay or something like that?

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:56:09 AM »

It just depends. It about the same as eBay, but there are far less American bidders, and alot more imported goods. You eliminate alot of the competition from other importers, but when you add in the cost of using that site, it evens out in most cases. Still it gives you more options for finding imports, and there are items you'll see on Yahoo Japan, that you'll probably never see on eBay or anywhere else.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:59:13 AM by DevIancE » Logged

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:47:31 AM »

The last games I imported were from Mike's collection sent by Tynstar. It was a bunch of Genesis and NES games. I've imported some other stuff over the last year, like a Power Glove, a couple of Nomad battery packs, and some things from SpeedyNES.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 08:43:29 AM »

DevIancE could you search for Japanese Odyssey 2 games for me please?

Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »

Tynstar, I did a search for Odyssey 2 games, but all I brought up were a bunch of games with "Odyssey" in the title. I tried it in Japanese (オデッセイ2) and the translated (odessei2), but still didn't bring up anything. Looking at the Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ki/Magnavox_Odyssey%C2%B2 it says Japanese Odyssey 2 games are very hard to find.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:41:27 PM by DevIancE » Logged

Ackman
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 05:14:41 AM »

Nothing more then;
Boku Doraemon (NTSC-J, Complete w/o Spinecard, Dreamcast)
Final Fantasy (NTSC-J, Complete, Wonderswan)
Final Fantasy II (NTSC-J, Complete, Wonderswan)

Love, Ackman.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:23:42 PM by Ackman » Logged

Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »

I purchased a lot of Famicom games from a member at famicomworld.com for $35.

Pooyan
Donald Duck
Goonies 1 and 2
Super Mario Bros.
Tetris
Yoshi
Musashi no Ken: Tadaima Shugyou Chuu
Namco Mahjong III: Mahjong Tengoku
Kanshakudama Nage Kantarou no Toukaidou Gojuusan Tsugi
Best Play Baseball '90, The
Clu Clu Land

Starting to build up a decent library already.

MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 02:46:41 PM »

Got a handful of Fami carts coming in, most exciting one is Kid Dracula.  Looks like a pretty sweet game.
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 12:12:48 AM »

My most recent purchase was actually my MOTHER3 Deluxe Box. So much money. So much worth it. If I can get my scanner to work I'll get pictures in.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »

I got the Japanese version of Electroplankton at an anime convention I was at the weekend before last. I got it CIB with the outside box, the the inner cardboard dealy, the blue earbuds, the hard game case, and the 60 some odd page manual. It was priced at $70, but the guy selling it offered it to me $60 because I was really on the fence about it, and we got along really well. I took it because he let me take it back to my hotel room away from the noise of the convention to give it a shot since you need to have the sound for it and it's a game you either instantly love or hate, and it wasn't much more than what the game goes for on eBay after shipping.

Another interesting thing he had was Radiant Silvergun for Saturn...he wanted $250 for it.  speechless speechless

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Lenneth
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 05:44:35 AM »

Much of my stuff is imported since I don't live in a NTSC country but the last really good Japanese item I bought was the Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria Artifact Box. It cost me an arm and a leg but I don't regret buying it  one bit. ^_^
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length