RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:44:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Why We Left 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why We Left  (Read 9106 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: June 08, 2004, 06:38:46 AM »

To those who were wondering:

First and foremost, we'd like to announce to you the project that we are working on: RF Generation.  Much like the site we created at Video Game Bible, our new web site will be devoted to any and all things video games - a constantly-evolving database of information on our favorite pasttime.  The site is still in the works, but our permanent message board can be found at our new domain, www.rfgeneration.com

It was just time that we left.  Video Game Bible was no longer where we needed to be.  We, the current staff of RF Generation, felt that our many hours of work were not "paying off" (figuratively speaking) at Video Game Bible.  We felt that Andy's complete and sole ownership of the Video Game Bible "brand name" was unfair considering the disproportionality between the amount of work we put in to the site and its various projects as compared to the amount of work Andy himself put forth.  Atari programmers left the company in the days of yore to start their own companies where they would get the credit they deserved - and not have their company's owners sitting on high horses looking down on a mountain of esteem built for them by those who worked for them.  Sometimes, even at small video game web sites, similar things can happen.

Additionally, Andy's intermittent absences from the web site, web site forums, and from Video Game Bible's various projects made him a less-than-adequate leader for the type of projects we hope to work on now and in the future.  We hope that this new web site will give us the freedom to lead ourselves as we need to be led.

The current staff of RF Generation consider ourselves to be friends.  A few of us (Eddie and Mike) have known each other for thirteen or fourteen years, while others of us have met more recently.  In any friendship, and in any relationship (business or otherwise), complete honesty and respect are key to the friendship's success.  Over the years, feelings of trust between some of the staff and Andy have degraded to the point of interfering with productivity at the web site. We don't need to go into the details of what led to this, but it can be understood how distrust holds everyone back, no matter how big or small the friendship, project, or business relationship.  We are sure that in the end, this will result in a more productive web site from our staff, as well as be better in the long run for Andy and his projects.

We hope that we can now leave all of these surface changes behind us.  We're the same people you've come to know over the last few years, and we will bring even more devotion to this site than we did to our last.  This is a site about video games.  We left Video Game Bible so that we could more easily focus our attention on bringing you the best coverage of video games possible, and that's what we plan to do.  

Expect an improved (but still familiar) web site from the staff of RF Generation soon.  For now, we hope you will call this message board "home" for all of your video gaming needs.

Sincerely,
The Staff of RF Generation
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 07:10:55 AM by admin » Logged

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 07:19:21 AM »

Nice to see the board back again! ^_^

Good luck with RF Generation!

Me vs Gretzky
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:44:46 AM »

Thank you, my good british man. And it's good to see some of you guys immediately came to check this out.
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 10:30:46 AM »

I did too. JUMPS UP AND DOWN WAVING TOO SUREHSOT. (cough Euro 2004 cough)

So tell me, this time round, whatever projects you guys undertake, if I ask a serious question about it, will I actually get an answer?

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 11:55:55 AM »

Wounder how andy feels about all this... none to happy im sure? Tho lots of what you said makes sence, i really dont care where i post just good to have it all back again.. Hope you guys can pull off some great shit !
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 11:56:12 AM by Geondp » Logged

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 05:27:28 PM »

So tell me, this time round, whatever projects you guys undertake, if I ask a serious question about it, will I actually get an answer?

Yes, you certainly will.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 07:36:28 PM »

Not only can you get straight answers from us, but on a personal note projects found on my subdomain and things I'm doing "on the side" are always open for discussion.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 07:18:29 AM »

Hey, you know what this forum needs? :lol

A picture of a my big heaving mass of assorted RF-leads Smiley

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 08:02:05 AM »

Hey, you know what this forum needs? :lol

A picture of a my big heaving mass of assorted RF-leads Smiley

That and a picture of Joe Lieberman telling us all to "put it on channel 3!"

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 08:48:41 AM »

Why do I feel this Lieberman image will end up on a t-shirt before the end of the week, nep?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 08:48:54 AM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 09:46:29 PM »

Mmm..  Very good idea.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 11:03:40 PM »

Ya know Mike, we can have one of the graphics guys involved here design us a t-shirt Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length