RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:48:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | April Fools 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: April Fools  (Read 2118 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »

Yes, it was an April fools joke, just like my personal favorite April Fools joke, Pretty Generation, where everyone was pretty as a posy. What a beautiful time that was.

For those of you who did not see the April fools joke, you can find Toddler Generation here. You can also find the posts of April Fools in the the April Fools category of the forum. This won't be a permanent category, and will likely be decommissioned in a week or two. So get to seeing those posts if you haven't seen them yet.

Luckily for you guys, unlike the previous two years the site remained fully functional today save for the hideous color pallette that was Toddler Generation. As such, any changes you made to your collection on April 1 will remain them, and any submissions made also still exist. I'd like to thank our resident graphic artist den68 and our Database Director Eddie Herrmann with assisting me with the joke, this would have been much harder without them.

For those of you who wonder about the previous April Fools jokes of the site, here is a list of them in chronological order:
As you can see, this is a reoccurring theme here at RF Generation, so you can expect to see another one of these jokes come again next year. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Having said that, we have a lot of things cooking at RF Generation. Our third birthday is coming up, and you can expect to see some contest and birthday bash in 4 weeks. Also, we've began the extremely arduous process in cleaning up the site and making it use CSS tags. I guess you could call it a site redesign. Don't expect to see the new site rolling out in the near future, but I thought that perhaps you might like to know what's cooking at RF Generation. As that gets closer to fruition I am sure more will be said about that project.

As always stay tuned to RF Generation. More is certainly going to follow when you keep it tuned to channel three.

Hello World.
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:57:03 PM »

That was fantastic. I went to RFGen today with the specific thought of, "Hm, I wonder if they did anything for today?" I was not disappointed. Hysterical. Cheesy I wasn't around for the previous two, though.

Ooh, I'm all up for a third birthday contest.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:36:27 PM »

As always awesome work Dave.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:33:23 AM »

That was fantastic. I went to RFGen today with the specific thought of, "Hm, I wonder if they did anything for today?" I was not disappointed. Hysterical. Cheesy I wasn't around for the previous two, though.

Ooh, I'm all up for a third birthday contest.

Glad to see somebody appreciated it Smiley

Also, great work Dave!

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »

At least there are no cry babies like over on DP. Oh wait... I was a cry baby. Sorry again and good job fixing the search for me.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »

Composite was the best one.   

I was honestly expecting PS3 generation this year.  Leon's reaction would have been priceless. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 11:05:04 AM »

Composite was the best one.   

I was honestly expecting PS3 generation this year.  Leon's reaction would have been priceless. 

I would of been a crybaby then.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:09:17 AM »

At least there are no cry babies like over on DP.
What happened there?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:12:35 AM »

At least there are no cry babies like over on DP.
What happened there?

Yeah what happened?

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 11:34:26 AM »

Just a bunch of spam posting from what I can tell. Seems like some people were upset by "the lack of moderation". Of course it was all in fun, and people really need to learn how to relax.

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »

Pretty much. A bunch of the mods dug up some old screen names and spammed it up. Fighter17 got pissed and called out the mods for not locking the "waste of hard drive space" and then used a few racial/lifestyle slurs to describe said spammers. It really wasn't that bad albeit a few threads. He had no idea it was a joke... what a tosser.

This is how I summed it up:

It's really amazing that people get in such a bunch when this day rolls around. Thank goodness it didn't fall on a weekday so their "surfing" at work wasn't interupted.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 03:57:51 PM by Funk_Buddy » Logged

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »

I actualy avoided the whole internet thing the entire day.  I had a family member telling me about the whole DP fiasco while it was taking place and to be honest I fell down laughing so damn hard on two different updates.  I had no clue what kind of jokes would be done here and from what I can tell, thankfully none were as evil, disturbing, or outright disgusting as anything I could think of.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

The only thing that got me on DP once was when a bunch of people were acting like it was the early 80s. I didn't catch on until I made a comment about CDs and they asked what they were. That was a few years ago.

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:02 PM »

I like "pretty generation" the best. At least you can read it!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length