RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 04:13:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | FANBOYS!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: FANBOYS!!!!  (Read 5798 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »

sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping

Tan
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 10:22:48 PM »

Go to Youtube. Do a search for "Do the Evolution" by Pearl Jam. Watch it. That's how all fanboys are made. Stamped with a barcode by the corporation at birth on a conveyor belt. That explains your irrational behaviors and over-zealous love for "The Corporation".  laugh

* corp1.JPG (12.64 KB, 446x305 - viewed 176 times.)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »

See, I see that you see me as someone who sees all you anti-Sony fanboys as some sort of freedom fighters against the Sony corporation.

The reality is that I see all you anti-Sony fanboys as exactly that, anti-Sony fanboys. This anti-Sony fanboy cult that is sweeping teh interwebs is far too popular. We few Sony supporters are the unique ones, the outcasts. I mean it's so much more roomy over here, me and Tondog get lonely sometimes.

And hell, by supporting M$ you're supporting a giant ZOMG EVIL AMERICAN corporation. From your political views Tan I'd assume that that would be the worst thing evar.

So come on over to the Sony side, the water's fine...and only $6 dollars a bottle Wink

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:09:56 AM »

Lets put an end to all the fanboy talk for a few weeks.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:06:53 AM »

No comeback eh? Wink

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:27:23 AM »

So come on over to the Sony side, the water's fine...and only $6 dollars a bottle Wink

...and a $600 membership fee. And with that you get technology that you'll probably never use, but can brag about to justify your purchase which, deep down, you know you'll regret, but can never admit to others.

$600...a small price to pay for an infinite supply of denial, self-righteousness, and arrogance.

Tan
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »

See, I see that you see me as someone who sees all you anti-Sony fanboys as some sort of freedom fighters against the Sony corporation.

The reality is that I see all you anti-Sony fanboys as exactly that, anti-Sony fanboys. This anti-Sony fanboy cult that is sweeping teh interwebs is far too popular. We few Sony supporters are the unique ones, the outcasts. I mean it's so much more roomy over here, me and Tondog get lonely sometimes.

And hell, by supporting M$ you're supporting a giant ZOMG EVIL AMERICAN corporation. From your political views Tan I'd assume that that would be the worst thing evar.

I don't support one company over another. I own whatever has games that please me simple as that. Look at my collection stats and tell me I'm anti-Sony. Just because I poke fun at a bad business decision doesn't mean I'm anti-whoever.

That previous post was made in the hopes everyone would get a good laugh and lighten the mood. Fanboy rants are funny the first thread or two, but not when they pollute news threads. We can't have any Sony or Microsoft threads now without them turning into bash-fests. Maybe we need a sub-forum for fanboy threads to separate it from the constructive posts people may actually want to read.

I'm a big enough man in that I'll admit I've made unnecessary comments in the past in threads best served for news purposes. Now that I have more responsibility here including to help promote this site externally I'll be refraining from it in the future in the hopes that we don't turn into IGN or GameFAQs. Once the front page takes off and news gets posted more frequently I don't want every thread to be sabotaged. News is as much for consumers and gamers as it is fanboys but it comes with a price. You want to bash news fine. Do it somewhere other than the news thread itself and there won't be a problem. Otherwise this site won't be taken seriously or seen as mature and informative. That's a policy I will be the first to say I support, and hope others follow.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:12:47 AM by Tan » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:26:38 AM »

I'm a big enough man in that I'll admit I've made unnecessary comments in the past in threads best served for news purposes. Now that I have more responsibility here including to help promote this site externally I'll be refraining from it in the future in the hopes that we don't turn into IGN or GameFAQs. Once the front page takes off and news gets posted more frequently I don't want every thread to be sabotaged. News is as much for consumers and gamers as it is fanboys but it comes with a price. You want to bash news fine. Do it somewhere other than the news thread itself and there won't be a problem. Otherwise this site won't be taken seriously or seen as mature and informative. That's a policy I will be the first to say I support, and hope others follow.

I agree and of course I have made all sorts of stupid comments.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:58:13 AM »

Ok...so Tan posts a flame and I respond and now Tan says we need to reformat the site...

I do believe that means I win.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »

Ok...so Tan posts a flame and I respond and now Tan says we need to reformat the site...

Win what? It is not a matter of winning. Its about hijacking threads which we all have done.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »

I like Tan's idea. I really don't want people thinking rfgen is like gametards....Er, Gamefaqs

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »

I like Tan's idea. I really don't want people thinking rfgen is like gametards....Er, Gamefaqs

Maybe one for Rich Delicious Chocolate too.

it's thinking
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

wow

Tan
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »

If you need to scrape up every measely win you can to prove your manhood young man be my guest. Once your ears dry you can always have a chuckle later on when you realize it's insignifigance.  Wink

I don't want anyone to get the impression they can't speak their mind, or that they can't bash a system, or even god forbid become a raving fanboy. Sometimes it's amusing, others a good way to vent frustration with a product or series. I just don't think it needs to be in a newspost. It's potentially a place where people get information about products, games, and services they may have or want. If newsposts lead to forum discussions about those same posts from the front page I think everyone can agree we don't need it to look like another Joystiq comment section.

Start up a anti-whoever thread and criticize all you want, i'll even post there and we can continue this witty banter  boxing and plan your wedding  Affection  I'm just hoping that the anti-whoever doesn't seep into every thread we have that's all. I'm sure even you can agree with that Leon.
Tan
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »

Here's a pic I found this morning:

* 05nerdsm7.jpg (83.76 KB, 400x618 - viewed 150 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length