RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:03:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Any good stores around this area? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any good stores around this area?  (Read 1586 times)
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« on: May 30, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »

I hope this is the right board, if not, please move it.

I am going to be driving with my parents to Kansas City from Albuquerque tomorrow, which is like a 13 hour drive. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good stores or pawn shops that have some old games (NES, SNES, etc.). I believe we are driving a little through Oklahoma too.

So, anyone live in between Albuquerque or Kansas City and know of any good stores? Thanks.

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »

Your best bet is to just stay awake while your driving around if it's during the day and keep your eyes open for any place you may see.  If your able to, try and stop by any of them.

Sorry, that's the best I can do.  I live in Texas and have only been thru Kansas City twice, both during the nite.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:23:09 AM »

Yeah, that was the plan. I will just keep an eye out, but I figured it was worth a shot asking to save me some time.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:25:20 AM »

Look in the phone book when you get there or do some research online. That works good most of the time.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Trade-N-Games
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »

Look online for any game xchange on your trip. I bet you will find a few
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:06:48 PM by Trade-N-Games » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:19:46 AM »

Hopefully you luck out and find something.

There don't really seem to be any nonchain gaming stores in the Port A, Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi area.

But to be honest i haven't been able to really drive around and hunt or look thru phonebooks for numbers.

I am going to take the search online idea and see what i can pull up now Smiley

Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 01:08:31 AM »

Well, I got back the other day and I didn't find anything. I saw a bunch of garage sales (a lot of them where at some wealthy houses). Sadly, no games. Oh well, hopefully you find some stuff Izret.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 01:11:58 AM »

I am hoping to turn up some interesting stuff at garage sales around here when i start hitting them looking for furniture.

One of the guys i use to work with claimed to have a 2600 with about 100 games that he has had since he was a kid.

Said he loved the games and still played them.

It would be cool to luck out and find something good Smiley

Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »

I got my 2x Atari 2600's with about 26 games for $10 at a huge flea market/circus/drive-in movie theatre in Florida a few years back. He even through in a duffle bag for me to carry it home on the plane.

Did I mention it included E.T. >.<

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length