RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Question on N64 games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question on N64 games  (Read 1849 times)
Magewout
RFG Friend
Belgium

WWW Stats
« on: June 28, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »

I don't know if this is the correct board, but recently I've been looking through my N64 games, and noticed that a lot of them state on the box front that they require a Controller Pak to save, or that they're compatible with a Transfer or Rumble Pak.

So I was thinking, is it possible to add these properties to N64 games?

And now I come to think of it, GameCube and PS1/2 use memory cards as well, right? Is it possible to add it so we can describe how many blocks/pages are needed for each game?
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:48:14 AM »

This is a good point that you make.  To piggyback off of your initial suggestion, maybe we could add a field that was simply entitled "Game Save Type", with a selectable list to include the following:
  • Internal Hardware Memory
  • External Memory Card\Device
  • Manual Password Save\Continue

Including the file/block size required for each game would be an quite an undertaking.  Would something like I proposed above meet your needs?

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library  |  http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
Magewout
RFG Friend
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 05:01:57 AM »

A system like you described would be great IMO.

Maybe add 2 fields, one for 'game save type', and when controller pak or memory card is selected, you can fill in how many pages/blocks it needs by yourself. That way it doesn't have to be included in the dropdown list. I don't know whether this is hard to implement though, what you proposed alraedy sounds like a huge step forward.

And an other field to include hardware like the rumble pak. Like a checkbox asking 'rumble pak supported' or 'expansion pak supported' for N64 games.
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:52 AM »

I'll pass this suggestion on to the DB administrators.  I know they have a number of items already in the works, so I really can't say when something like this could be implemented.  You are right - my guess as well is that this addition would take some time to work through, since it is adding a completely separate field to the DB that affects all other existing records. 

I'll request to move this topic to The Thinktank forum to gather some more opinions on this suggestion.

Good thoughts/suggestions on this topic Magewout - thanks for your ideas and contributions.

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library  |  http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length