RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:47:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Few suggestions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Few suggestions  (Read 1690 times)
Untamed
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: July 02, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »

I have a few suggestions for the collection tools, if anyone cares to listen. These are based on my use adding my collection, and my use of other sites. I apologize if any of this has been mentioned  before, but I have not seen any of this in my quick overview of the threads here.

A lot of this is just to make things a little less clunky (at least in my mind)

1. When adding games, instead of a drop down menu to add to my collection/wishlist/for sale, could there be a way to set a default one in the settings as well? I'm adding my entire collection, and it's a bit clunky to have to select which folder /every/ time.

Or just add 3 boxes on each line to check off? For instance, if I add Shin Megami Tensei: DDS, and I notice there is a sequel I could check off the collection box next to the first one and then the wishlist box for the second.

2. Make an option in settings to set default on/off the "add game information" check box when adding a game.

3. Maybe talk with Joe over at DP to integrate the rarity guide ratings into the database.

4. Customizable columns on your collection page, so I can chose to remove/add thing like genre, rarity (if implemented), year, pub, dev, etc. (Maybe I missed this option when looking around?)

5. In the settings, allow how many items per page in your collection, from say 50 to show all.

That's all I can think of right now. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 07:44:26 PM by Untamed » Logged
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 10:54:37 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, we are always looking for ways to improve the site.

We currently have no personalized settings for the collection system with regards to setting options for display, but this is something that could be implemented in the future.  If we set up a table in the database for user settings a lot of your suggestions could be added.

We already have some new features in the works for the collection system and I'm working on them in the free time that I have, but I'll add your suggestions to the list and see if we can work them in the next batch of updates.

We will always keep it on channel 3!
Untamed
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:46:33 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, we are always looking for ways to improve the site.

We currently have no personalized settings for the collection system with regards to setting options for display, but this is something that could be implemented in the future.  If we set up a table in the database for user settings a lot of your suggestions could be added.

We already have some new features in the works for the collection system and I'm working on them in the free time that I have, but I'll add your suggestions to the list and see if we can work them in the next batch of updates.

Thanks, I appreciate all the comments I've gotten back from the staff on this site.
Consider me a lifetime member. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length