RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:49:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Best game developer country 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best game developer country  (Read 3998 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 12, 2004, 03:09:00 AM »

I'd say the USA, followed very closely by Japan. I love loads of Japanese games, but they never seem to interest me for long. I can't possibly get into Japanese RPG's and Japanese adventure games like Zelda or Resident evil always tired me after a few days of playing.
Somehow the American games seems to be a bit more serious. They seem to make games that are slightly more possible than loads of Japanese games. I like that.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 04:33:16 AM »

It kind of depends for me.  There are some really great European games, but not enough come out of Europe for me to vote for them.  American games are great too, but I voted for Japan.  Some of the stuff they make is certainly too far-out for me, but for the most part, the "Americanized" versions of their games are great.  I love just about everything Nintendo put out, and though Sega weren't started there, most of their programmers are Japanese.  Sega's games rock the house as well, so to speak.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 07:55:20 AM »

USA, although mainly because of the PC game market.  Plus, some of the Japanese games just seem to quirky too enjoy.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 03:20:55 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:58:14 PM »

My libraries of Square and working designs games speak for themselves.

Japan..........

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 06:17:16 PM »

And of course, Japan has SNK.  Mmmm..

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 11:53:12 PM »

I've got to say Japan on this one. at least for console games, for PC I'd probably say USA.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 09:11:28 PM »

definitely japan, because i like the plots of most japanese games better, they seem deeper. , but some of the games are TOO FREAKIN HARD. in an american game, hard dificulty can be easy, but in a japanese game hard means hard, and extreme is onother story (MGS2 HARRIER!) i agree with freakboy  that american PC games are much better though.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 09:26:11 PM »

...and some Japanese games, like SMB2, are just IMPOSSIBLE on the regular mode, without any difficulty settings at all.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 09:59:11 PM »

No! Too much bad mario! I hate SMB2.  It wasn't even really a mario game originally.  Nintendo took another game in Japan, which i think was called "Doki Doki Panic" and put mario sprites in it for the US release. What a disgrace.  Smiley

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 10:03:05 PM »

I was actually referring to the REAL SMB2 in Japan - aka The Lost Levels over here, released on SMB All-Stars, because it was too freaking impossible for us wussy American gamers.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 10:03:54 PM by admin » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 10:03:51 PM »

ya im almost positive it was calle doki doki panic and after it was real big in the us it was released in japan but i dont remember under what title

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 01:44:53 PM »

super mario bros. USA

anyone ever beat the REAL  smb  2 game?
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 01:50:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure that I beat the lost levels, but I can't quite remember.  It's been so many years since I've played it.
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 01:53:03 PM »

you are the only person i have ever heard of that has beat that game.

congrats! drunk
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 02:16:38 PM »

i thought lost level was supposed to have only been released in france O wait... i have it on the Super Mario Allstars game i think i got to level 3 how close is that to the end?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length