RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:16:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Requirements for hardware submission approval 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Requirements for hardware submission approval  (Read 1627 times)
Tan
« on: August 29, 2007, 03:07:27 PM »

Thank you for expressing an interest in contributing to RF Generation and it's growing database. These guidelines will help you understand how our database works and hopefully answer all your questions as to how to submit hardware and hardware information.

One thing to note however, we do not accept submissions of pirated or illegal hardware.

If you do not understand something you see here in this guide, or have questions of any kind, please PM a staff member. We are here to help you and are all well versed in how these submission scripts work.

Requirements for hardware submission approval

To avoid more duplicate entries in the future, the following will be required for approval of new hardware submissions:

1. Exact name of the item - the console for which the item is for does not  need to be a part of the name. examples:
  • Memory Card [Official Sony] or Memory Card [Mad Catz]
  • PlayStation Dual Shock Controller or PlayStation Dual Shock Controller [Crystal]. since dual shock is a trademarked name third party will be for example: Playstation Dual Analog Controller [Intec]

This applies to any retail cables (A/V, Power, controller extentions etc.), replacement parts both 1st and 3rd party, controllers, memory cards and anything else that has multiple manufacturers.

2. Must include Manufacturer and Class (subclass if applicable)

3. Either the Part/Model number or UPC - That way there will be conclusive evidence and more easily verified. If neither of these fields are filled out, the submission will be rejected. We can't distinguish one submission from another without them. When submitting UPC's make sure they have no spaces between the numbers i.e. 077000400123. If it has a second set on the top right, add them after the first 12 like 077000400123 (00100). Some UPC's may have more or less than 12 digits so be careful.

4. Has to be an item that could have been bought at retail or through the company itself. If your in doubt that an item was sold separately, then we'll discuss it and help you research it. Also if your sure it was but still don't have enough info, then we'll research it as well as PM the submitter. We can always wait until someone comes along with the info we need and add it then. So don't feel that a "Power Supply" with no information regardless of it's obvious importance should be pushed through anyway.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:29:19 AM by Tan » Logged
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:37:36 PM »

Thank you so much for putting these rules in writing!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:32:39 PM »

I could... cough... publish the guidelines for hardware if an editor gave me a green light to do so.

Smiley

PS: The same needs to be done for the general guidelines.

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:03:25 PM »

I made a slight wording change to the submission requirements to lessen confusion and this is also a free bump for the topic.

There have been a few hardware entries submitted that have not followed the hardware guidelines. Remember folks part number or UPC, if you don't submit either with your information it gets rejected because we won't have anything to distinguish it from a similar item.
Tan
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »

I'm bumping the topic again for everyone to read. I can't stress enough how important it is to include the part number and/or UPC.

We need that info to sort out generic listings that can easily be confused. If you don't include either or both of those pieces of info your submission will be rejected because we can't uniquely identify it.

Thank you
Tan
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »

Updated UPC guideline.  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length