RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:13:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Database search problem? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Database search problem?  (Read 1858 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

When I select 'north america' and search for something in the database.  Under the 'region' column, this flag appears [img width=21 height=15]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/regions/U.gif[/img]  instead of the normal USA flag.    I can't tell if it's a flag for some country I've never heard of, or a cross between an America, Canadian, and Mexico? flag. 

So is it a mistake, or something new?

Tan
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »

When I select 'north america' and search for something in the database.  Under the 'region' column, this flag appears [img width=21 height=15]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/regions/U.gif[/img]  instead of the normal USA flag.    I can't tell if it's a flag for some country I've never heard of, or a cross between an America, Canadian, and Mexico? flag. 

So is it a mistake, or something new?

Well we've used a US flag for North America for ages now. Since it's politically incorrect the Admins found one that better suited the continent as a whole. US games will have a US flag in the game page, a Canadian game or Mexican game their respective flags as well.

Unless a game is specific to a country and there's absolute proof of that, 90% of all North American games should have this new flag on them.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »

What Tan said, most US games are Actually North American Releases, so get used to seeing that more politically fair North American Flag.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:17:37 AM »

Booooooooo Wink

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:59:11 AM »

I figured that's what it was, but just wanted to make sure. 

Gentlegamer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »

I object in the strongest possible terms to this "politically correct" North American Union-esque abomination! At least give us the option of what flag to display.

This is almost enough to dissuade me from using this community!
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »

I have to admit, I am not real "hot" on this idea.  I am not as strong as gentlegamer, but I don't like it either.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »

Forget it even happened. Do realize though that the vast majority of the games you play are indeed released in North America, not just the US. It's slightly unfair to show only a US flag when the US is only one of many countries in North America.

Needless to say, your word has spoken, and this is a moot point. Locked.

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length