RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:29:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Worst Game Ever! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Worst Game Ever!  (Read 22280 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »

Fuzion Frenzy 2 & Yaris

NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »

Fuzion Frenzy 2 & Yaris

Hey, I liked Yaris!
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2009, 05:27:27 PM »

Fuzion Frenzy 2 & Yaris

Hey, I liked Yaris!

Are you being serious?

NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »

Serious enough to have spent at least a few hours on it back when I first got my 360. It's not addicting enough to go for all the achievements, but it's got some redeeming qualities. I find the art style particularly neat, even if only as a good piece of advertising.

Considering that it's FREE and it's an advertisement by nature, I think it's a pretty cool piece of work.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2009, 10:50:06 PM »

I don't know if I've contributed... but I'll say a few games I sold (this says a lot because I hardly ever sell games). I know it's not worst game ever but I try not to buy awful games.

Timesplitters 3- Single player was nothing compared to TS2. TS2 required strategy, stealth and is still the hardest FPS I've ever played. When it takes 6 hours straight without dying to beat Robot Factory because your tactics require constant stealth and persistence you know they made a good game. TS3's story mode was just run and gun and easy even on hard. It was also straightforward. Fun, but not what I hoped for. I regret selling this since it had a phenomenal multiplayer and mapmaker.

Phantasy Star Collection- Beat Phantasy Star. That was awesome. Didn't like Phantasy Star 3. Phantasy Star 2 was fantastic but once I got to Dezo the dungeons were nothing but gigantic (and I mean enormous) mazes. It became too tedious. I shouldn't have sold this either.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance- It wasn't Fire Emblem lol. When I got the game I wasn't really into in depth customization so I sold it. Don't really regret it.

Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls- Don't know why I sold it. It was alright.

Baten Kaitos Origins- People kept proclaiming how amazing the battle system was, better voice acting, and a great story. I saw none of this. The battle system was pretty interesting but 15 hours in I still didn't understand it-- that's... well it shouldn't take longer than that. The story by the time I quit was uninteresting and involved the main dude just running around and doing stuff for the empire. Hell I don't even remember the story that much and I played it over the summer. And the voice acting was still bad. This doesn't really bother me at all, but I don't really know why anyone would say it has good voice acting.
So... I sold it. Don't really regret it considering it didn't seem like I was going to get used to the battle system any time soon (the original had my favorite turn based battle system so this was a letdown).

Yoshi's Touch and Go- It was fun. It would have been great if I didn't have to do the stupid baby mario stage every time I played. The actual Yoshi part was way better. I really found doing the baby Mario stage every single time I wanted to play incredibly annoying.

I think that's most of them. I don't plan on selling any games anymore though because typically I end up selling good games I'm slight disappointed with >_>. As for bad games that I've played... there are too many which is why I didn't want to make a list. Action 52 comes to mind immediately though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:04:07 PM by Shimra » Logged
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2009, 01:42:49 AM »

Oh, talking about the Advance, you reminded me of a crappy game. I love how nice 16-bit remakes look on the Advance, but quickly realised how bad a 32-bit remake looks due to the lower resolution.

Now this brings us to Advance Guardian Heroes. There was nothing Advance about this game at all, and it almost brings a tear to one's eye with how incredible the original was, and for it to receive such a poor sequel the likes Sonic has never even suffered. Anything and everything good about the original has been thrown out the window in an effort to make the worst sequel ever. Then throw in a translation job so bad reading it hurts your head and you have this game. AVOID!

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2009, 07:57:34 AM »

Timesplitters 3- Single player was nothing compared to TS2. TS2 required strategy, stealth and is still the hardest FPS I've ever played. When it takes 6 hours straight without dying to beat Robot Factory because your tactics require constant stealth and persistence you know they made a good game. TS3's story mode was just run and gun and easy even on hard. It was also straightforward. Fun, but not what I hoped for. I regret selling this since it had a phenomenal multiplayer and mapmaker.
You're right about the different/easier campaign, but FP really deserves better than to be listed here, imo.

50% of the stuff coming out right now is worse than TS:FP, so yeah...
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance- It was Fire Emblem lol. When I got the game I wasn't really into in depth customization so I sold it. Don't really regret it.

TA was nothing compared to the original Tactics, but it wasn't THAT bad. I enjoyed it and put well over 100 hours into it and did just about every side mission.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2009, 04:03:46 PM »

50% of the stuff coming out right now is worse than TS:FP, so yeah...

I agree. It was a good game and I shouldn't have sold. The single player wasn't even bad, it just wasn't up to the standards set by TS2.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance- It was Fire Emblem lol. When I got the game I wasn't really into in depth customization so I sold it. Don't really regret it.

TA was nothing compared to the original Tactics, but it wasn't THAT bad. I enjoyed it and put well over 100 hours into it and did just about every side mission.

I ended up playing the original later and it was cool and all but I spent more time worrying about which units to optimize and bringing them to where I wanted than progressing the story. It's really ironic considering that's what the Tactics Advance series is all about. Funny how preferences change over time.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »

Serious enough to have spent at least a few hours on it back when I first got my 360. It's not addicting enough to go for all the achievements, but it's got some redeeming qualities. I find the art style particularly neat, even if only as a good piece of advertising.

Considering that it's FREE and it's an advertisement by nature, I think it's a pretty cool piece of work.

You are the only person I have ever heard say anything good about that POS. Did you help make it by chance? IMO it is terrible advertising because anytime I see a Yaris on teh road I want to smash into it.

s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »

Shadowrun

And Yaris....Free or not, its Crap.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2009, 03:35:33 AM »

Shadowrun

SNES version was good.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2009, 10:50:22 AM »

Shadow Man 64 is shit as well
Shadow Man on the N64 was pretty well received and one of Acclaim's biggest successes. Tongue
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »

Poor Acclaim... hope Midway doesn't join 'em.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »

Poor Acclaim... hope Midway doesn't join 'em.
I hope so too. The more smaller publishers go bankrupt, the larger the dominance of those few big publishers that are left. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length