RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:25:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Worst Game Ever! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Worst Game Ever!  (Read 22262 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:16:57 AM »

Our Bottom Rate Games list dose feature some god-awful games alright. However as X number of votes must 1st be cast for games to appear on here there are no doubt even worse ones. Ones so bad that they never even went worldwide or became well known.

This is where we can dig them up and expose them for what they really are. So lets find out what is the worst game everyone has ever played, and why. What made is so bad.

I'll go 1st by digging up Perfect Assassin!

Perfect Assassin is an extremely bad adventure game for the Playstation.
Graphically awful, and poor sluggish gameplay. Throw in a boring story to boot and you've got Perfect Assassin.

But wait it gets worse. Despite being a game of the 32bit CD era, the game has no save feature whatsoever. Instead you have to use passwords. Now this is where the game gets really bad. Like with most adventure games you talk to others and collect various items to help you in your quest. Well the password system uses generic passwords that store NOTHING. Each area has a single password to it, so you will retain nothing, no items, no events, nothing. This makes everything and anything you do in this game pretty much pointless as you find out really early on you obviously have absolutely no influence on the story at all. The only way you can even keep items you find for later parts of the game is to play it from start to finish without being killed.

So that is the worst game I have ever had the misfortune to play, and one I am glad to no longer own.

Look forward to the next game someone want's to dig up.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »

Shit, man.  That game sounds shitty.  How does a PS game have a shitty save system like that.  I would expect it on maybe NES or Genesis era games.  Anyways, one game that gets my vote is Tomb Raider for the Dreamcast.  I quit playing that game because the controllers are soooooooo HORRIBLE.  The game functions like shit.  I like this thread.  Good idea Cobra or whoever you are this week.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:58:14 AM »

FF7...Emo characters, emo story, emo antagonist, lame appeals to emotion, most emoest thing that ever emoed.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »

Go back underground Wink

You own ET for the 2600 and Superman 64 yet you say FFVII. One of the game that but you beloved Sony on the map. You are very strange my friend.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 11:27:36 AM »

Hey!

I actually like E.T. when I was a kid.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »

Go back underground Wink

You own ET for the 2600 and Superman 64 yet you say FFVII. One of the game that but you beloved Sony on the map. You are very strange my friend.
Should I go burrow back in my hole? And FFVII didn't put Sony on the map in my book. ESPN Extreme Games, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro put them on the map...when I was a kid.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »

All of the Atari 2600 "World" games. Earthworld, Waterworld (I'm pretty sure it was called that), Airworld, and Fireworld.

From what I recall, they were adventure style games that were part of a contest (1st warning sign) that Atari sponsored.

Basically, the items you collected had to not only be obtained, but arranged in the right 5 or 6 item "combination lock" in order to get you the code you needed for the drawing. This out of about 20 or so items that you'd find in each game. I think you had to take a photo of your TV screen as well.

Peeeuwww! Tongue

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation on the Dreamcast

As shaggy said, the controls are awful. It makes the stick seem like it's 8-way rather than analogue (It probably is 8-way, I don't know). I couldn't put up with it for too long.

Medieval Lords for the PC is also rather bad.
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 02:13:16 PM »

Major League Baseball 2K7 on DS
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties 3DO

MLB2K7 pisses me off so much when I even think about it to explain what was wrong with it.

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »

God do i wish i could remember the name of the game.

It was a 16 Wheeler racing game for PC.
It had no sound. No colision detection(drive over a bridge fall thru the bottom), and you could go off endlessly into the horizon till you came back around to the other side of the racetrack. No AI.

Did some hunting thru the database and found the game:
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Hey wiki has oodles of info on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...igs:_Over_the_Road_Racing

I remembered it from Xplay Grin

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »

Good god what a pile of crap.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 06:03:14 PM »

I think i win.

That even beats ET Smiley

When i played ET though i was very young(MAYBE 5) and can't tell you how many times i tried jumping over or out of the same god damn pit.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 06:03:58 PM »

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation on the Dreamcast

As shaggy said, the controls are awful. It makes the stick seem like it's 8-way rather than analogue (It probably is 8-way, I don't know). I couldn't put up with it for too long.

Medieval Lords for the PC is also rather bad.

Yea, that's the name of it.  That game was horrible!!  As for Tondog,  FF VII put the Playstation on the map.  Without it Playstation wouldn't have gotten to the PS3.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 06:05:53 PM »

Major League Baseball 2K7 on DS
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties 3DO

MLB2K7 pisses me off so much when I even think about it to explain what was wrong with it.

What was Plumbers Don't Wear Ties about?  That title has always intrigued me to what the game could be about.

SMS set complete!
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »

FF7...Emo characters, emo story, emo antagonist, lame appeals to emotion, most emoest thing that ever emoed.

You're so emo, and you don't even realize it. Go listen to Yellowcard and Dashboard while watching Garden State on mute.

Smiley

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length