RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:06:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Anyone have a setup like this? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone have a setup like this?  (Read 1908 times)
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »

Just recently I decided to redo my setup again, this time with a twist. Instead of having every console on my shelves wired up, I decided to move all the cables up to my desk, so that when I feel like playing a particular system, I'll bring it up to the desk and hook it up. On the plus side, this has reduced some cable clutter and I can play my INTV II and VIC-20 again (they were in storage before this). But now I've got a bunch of unsightly cables laying on my desk.

So for those who have a setup like this, how do you deal with all the cables?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 08:52:12 AM »

I used to do it that way, but I got more annoyed with the cables laying all over the place. So I just decided to keep the systems hooked up, even if I'm not actively playing them.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »

I have all my extra cables in a box on one of my shelves. Other then that cables are in their system boxes.

cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 06:16:18 PM »

I have large zip bags for each system to store cables in and label. The bags can be stored in a drawer, on a shelf, under the bed, in a duffle bag or anywhere that'll fit them. I have little space in my room so it's a daily struggle to figure out where to put new things.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »

That isn't what I meant; I should've been more detailed. The excess cables that I got rid of have been dealt with, but the cables that are in use are bunched up together on my desk, and I'd like a better way of organizing them, while at the same time making them easily accessible.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Fighter17
Donor

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 07:37:58 PM »

I hook them up to the TV.  I need to buy a AV breakout again because my six month old AV breakout unit got fried.  >.>
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

If you have a particle board desk you could hold the cables in place by putting pinholes in the backing and wrapping something like a paper clip around the sires to hold them in place.

When you want to hook a system up grab it and pull when you want the wire out of site push it back down.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 10:42:24 PM »

This type of setup sounds like it would get annoying, to say the least. Also,  repeated plugging and unplugging of the cords can wear the pins down in both the system and the TV. Its better to leave them plugged into an av selector box, then continuously plug and unplug them. But thats just my two cents. Grin

Tell me about your variants...
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 08:45:36 PM »

I hook my consoles up to various TVs around the house to reduce clutter in each area.  Up at college... I just keep everything in a chest and play one game at a time Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length