RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:51:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Should I or shouldn't I? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Should I or shouldn't I?  (Read 1026 times)
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: December 31, 2007, 07:56:23 PM »

OK, I'm thinking of getting two new systems to replace several others in my collection; an X'Eye to replace my Genesis and Sega CD, and an AV Famicom to replace my Twin Famicom. Yes or no?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
gorez
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 03:12:07 AM »

im not sure what you should do...

but is the X'Eye more reliable than a sega/sega cd?  i personally have a sega CDX...just curious if the X'Eye was made more effeciently.
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:24:49 AM »

im not sure what you should do...

but is the X'Eye more reliable than a sega/sega cd?  i personally have a sega CDX...just curious if the X'Eye was made more effeciently.

I'm not too concerned about reliability, though the X'Eye is apparently more reliable than a Genesis/Sega CD combo; I'm mainly looking at an X'Eye because it takes up less space than a Genesis/CD combo and it uses standard AV cables.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

An X'eye or CDX are both great 2 in 1 system's.  The X'eye takes up about as much space as a 3do FZ-10.  As far as reliability I haven't had any problems out of my X'eye.  I'm not sure on the whole famicom issue though. 

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 03:49:46 PM »

If you want the systems CIB the Xeye is going to cost some coin.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length