RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | My Collection Room (and closet) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: My Collection Room (and closet)  (Read 6825 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

Very awesome setup you have there drool
Is that TV stand custom built? Everything seems to fit perfectly on it.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »

Welcome 98 to the boards.  I have read your DP listing in the past but had not seen your collection ever.  I have around 115 different consoles (no handhelds or pongs), but I have not seen anyone actually have the RDI (or for that matter the Adventure Vision) - great finds!!

I love the Gakken and Super A'Can as well (amongst others).

Email\PM me to chat a bit - I am have a few questions for you.
Awesome collection.

Terry

98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 08:15:56 PM »

Where about in Mass did the signed guitar come from?

I had a couple other questions but i'm hoping that the charity was for western MA and not eastern.

I'm honestly not sure which part it came from. I paid the seller with Paypal and never did get an address from them.

I never realized there was a difference in the parts of the state, but I've only spent a few nights there for work. Any particular differences worth noting?
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »

Welcome 98 to the boards.  I have read your DP listing in the past but had not seen your collection ever.  I have around 115 different consoles (no handhelds or pongs), but I have not seen anyone actually have the RDI (or for that matter the Adventure Vision) - great finds!!

I love the Gakken and Super A'Can as well (amongst others).

Email\PM me to chat a bit - I am have a few questions for you.
Awesome collection.

Terry

Hey! I remember your collection from when you posted it on DP! You've got some great stuff that I hope to be able to get my hands on at some point. I think between us we could pretty much play any video game ever released!!
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »

:O
WOW. Just... wow. No words to describe it, man. Absolutely wonderful collection AND layout of it.

One question, though: What's with the BLUE NWC1990? Is it a test version or something? I thought those were usually yellow...
gorez
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »

you can buy blue nwc1990's at a reproduction site....so to answer your question its a repro.  (i assume, atleast)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »

WOW. Just... wow. No words to describe it, man. Absolutely wonderful collection AND layout of it.

One question, though: What's with the BLUE NWC1990? Is it a test version or something? I thought those were usually yellow...

The 2 original colors were Gray (less rare) and Gold (highly rare).

The blue ones are reproductions.

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?productID=146

(That reminds me, maybe next CGE, I'll pick one up)

98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 09:53:47 PM »

Very awesome setup you have there drool
Is that TV stand custom built? Everything seems to fit perfectly on it.

Thanks!! The stand I'm using was the old entertainment center my girlfriend was using in her old house. It worked out perfect for what I needed. Just had to have some more shelves cut to fit the openings in the bottom where my systems are. Another bit of good luck on my part!
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »

Like everybody else said, it's just a repro. But it's a good cheap way to be able to play the game, which is a lot of fun! Well worth the money to pick one up.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 11:05:25 AM »

Very very nice stuff man. I remember you thread on DP about the Halcyon. That is an amazing story.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »

Awesome collection, and welcome to RFgen

jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »

That is one heck of an amazing collection, but I have to ask about 1 thing; why do you have NFS 3 in the glass case?
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 05:18:43 PM »

That is one heck of an amazing collection, but I have to ask about 1 thing; why do you have NFS 3 in the glass case?

Thanks! You are the first person to ask about the NFS 3. I'm a bit shocked that nobody else has asked!!

Anyway, it's a limited edition release that was only available at Wal Mart. The only reason I have it is that the bonus feature in the game is the inclusion of the 98 Indy Pace Corvette, which is the centerpiece of my other collection (cars). At the time it came out, I was grabbing everything related to the pace car and this was something that fit me perfectly. I just like having the box in the case to show off the picture on it! I don't think it's especially rare or valuable, but it's cool to have something that ties my hobbies together like this (and it was cool to be able to drive my actual car in a video game!)!
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 11:38:08 PM »

I had never gotten the chance to see your collection, great job all around. Some crazy items in that case and I'm sure there are other insane titles sitting on those shelves. As for the glass case, nice touch on stashing and placing your computer near by. Do you ever move a console around just to change the feel?

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 10:14:21 AM »

I had never gotten the chance to see your collection, great job all around. Some crazy items in that case and I'm sure there are other insane titles sitting on those shelves. As for the glass case, nice touch on stashing and placing your computer near by. Do you ever move a console around just to change the feel?

Thanks! I do tend to move stuff around in there quite a bit. I'm still not 100% happy with everything that I've done so far, so I tend to play with setups to see if I like things better. Plus, I've usually got something new coming in, so it's a constant battle to make more room for stuff. That's the hardest part of all!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length