RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:45:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | My Collection Room (and closet) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: My Collection Room (and closet)  (Read 6826 times)
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

Hey everybody!

Someone asked me to post some pics of my collection, so I took a few and put them online today. I'm still working on setting things up in here, so some of it is a bit of a mess. But it's close enough and everything is running now. I've still got a few boxes to unpack after my most recent move and my arcades are in storage (sadly). I'll update this thread as I make more progress.

Anyway, the pics I took were a bit too big to post here, so I put them on my personal site. Don't worry, nothing sinister there, it's just a site for pics!

http://www.mugzy.org/cm/thumbnails.php?album=173

Let me know what you think about my setup and feel free to ask questions about anything you see!

98PaceCar

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »

GOOD GOD!

Nice set up and TONS of stuff!
Man how did you manage to aquire some of these things?!?!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »

OK i am just about done looking thru the pics and was astonished at quite a few of the items i have seen.

RDI Halcyon? I believe that is the first one i have ever even seen...

Wow just wow.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »

OK i am just about done looking thru the pics and was astonished at quite a few of the items i have seen.

RDI Halcyon? I believe that is the first one i have ever even seen...

Wow just wow.

I saw the same thing. That's incredible.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
gorez
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »

im jealous Sad

one of the best collections i have ever seen.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »

Oh... My... God... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I sure as hell want to see that collection in person. (...continues drooling over pics...)

Tell me about your variants...
Tan
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 09:54:29 PM »

That's an absolutely incredible collection. That Adventure-Vision looks like it must be in great shape! I remember seeing the Halycon when you posted it at DP last year, an incredible find of a lifetime for sure. The same could be said of the M.A.C.S. cart + rifle as well, very nice. Smiley
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 10:58:22 PM »

Thanks everybody! Smiley The Halcyon is the centerpiece of my collection and is one of my favorites out of everything I've found. I was EXTREMELY fortunate to be in the right place at the right time on that one. It was not easy to acquire, but I'm glad I put the effort into it.

As Tan mentioned, I wrote up a big post on Digitpress after I first got the system. The pics I took for it are here, so if you want to see some closeups or running software, check these out.

http://www.mugzy.org/cm/thumbnails.php?album=151

I can dig up the post on DP if anybody wants, or they can just search over there for my screen name (same as here).

Glad everybody likes my setup. This is the first time I've had most of this stuff in a single room together, so I'm still playing with how to set it up. But so far, I think it's working out nicely.
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:02:11 PM »

That's an absolutely incredible collection. That Adventure-Vision looks like it must be in great shape! I remember seeing the Halycon when you posted it at DP last year, an incredible find of a lifetime for sure. The same could be said of the M.A.C.S. cart + rifle as well, very nice. Smiley

I'm pretty happy with the condition of the Adventure Vision. It was the first boxed one I had seen in a while, so I jumped on it. I wish I had the boxes for the games as well as the 4th game (I'm missing Turtles still). But it works and the box is in great shape considering how weak they were.

The MACS setup is pretty cool as well. I actually like playing the 'games' it has. Not really all that fun, but an amazing use of SNES technology. They did more with it than I ever expected that system was capable of.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »

Do you mind if I ask the story behind finding the Halcyon? I think it would be quite interesting to figure out where you got it, and more importantly, what you had to give up Smiley

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:22:57 AM »

As everybody else has said, great collection. With everything pointed out and asked about, I'd like to know about the Guitar Hero controller. It looks like it has some signatures on it?

If so, from who?

Also, don't forget to add those pictures to your profile here at RFGen Wink

98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:41:45 AM »

Do you mind if I ask the story behind finding the Halcyon? I think it would be quite interesting to figure out where you got it, and more importantly, what you had to give up Smiley

No problem at all!

I tend to do my collecting sort of on whims. I'll decide that I need whatever system I've read about or just want and will concentrate on that one system. At the time I found the Halcyon, I was actually after a Panasonic Q. I'd watched several on Ebay to get a feel for what they sell for and finally decided to buy a boxed on that had come up. After I won the auction, I emailed the seller to ask that they ship in in another box so that the original box would not get destroyed. The seller and I got to talking at that point and I found out he was liquidating most of his collection to focus more on Dreamcast. He asked what I was looking for and in my reply, I put the rarest of the rare (Adventurevision, APF MP1000, and Halcyon). I had missed out on buying the first two, but he still had the Halcyon and was considering selling it. Unfortunately, he had promised the right of first refusal to someone else, so I didn't think I'd be able to get it. As it turned out though, the other guy that wanted it didn't have the cash on hand to pay for it and wanted to make payments. I was able to match the original offer on it in a single payment, so it came to me!

I later asked how he got a hold of it and it was much the same story. He had  lucked into posting a message at the right time and place. He found the son of one of the original backers of RDI that had one of the systems from when the company was shut down. The son wasn't interested in keeping it anymore and sold to the fellow I met.

All I had to give up for it was a pile of cash. It was the single largest amount I've spent on any videogame related item, even more than the Adventurevision, MACS setup, and my arcades (with a South Park pinball and Star Wars cockpit being the two most expensive examples in that collection). In fact, I've bought and sold cars that were less! But it was well worth it and will be in my collection forever.

It really proved to me that the best way to find what you want is to just keep turning over rocks until it shows up. I honestly felt that the Halcyon would be the one console from the US I would never own and would be the reason that my US collection would never truly be complete. But once I got my hands on it, everything else became easy!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 12:46:47 AM by 98PaceCar » Logged
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:54:18 AM »

As everybody else has said, great collection. With everything pointed out and asked about, I'd like to know about the Guitar Hero controller. It looks like it has some signatures on it?

If so, from who?

Also, don't forget to add those pictures to your profile here at RFGen Wink

Thanks!

I'm a huge Guitar Hero junkie, so I tend to keep an eye on the more oddball things that come along for it.

The 360 guitar with all the signatures was a charity deal that was done in Massachusetts for an elementary school. The signatures are all from the Harmonix team. I've only had it about a week now, so I haven't had a chance to see how many of them signed it, but it's quite a few just from looking.

The PS2 guitar was another charity auction to support struggling musicians. I believe it was 30 guitars were taken to a show in Austin and given to various celebrities to be modified. The one I have was painted by the Martin's Brothers custom bike builders from Dallas. The pictures don't really do this one justice, in person, the paint is amazing!

The only other really different things I have for Guitar Hero are unused demo kits for GH2 on both the PS2 and 360 along with a press release from the UK. I was going to try to collect all of the guitar variants that came out, but that got out of hand quickly with all of the third party guitars that were released.

I'm going to need to size the pics down a bit, but I do plan on adding them here. I tried here first, but ran out of space pretty quickly!
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »

Where about in Mass did the signed guitar come from?

I had a couple other questions but i'm hoping that the charity was for western MA and not eastern.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »

amazing!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length