RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:42:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Original Saturn controllers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Original Saturn controllers  (Read 966 times)
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: January 19, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »

So I got a Saturn about a week ago (an original oval button model), and it has the original MK-80100 controllers. So I have to ask, what are they like to use?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »

They are useable and confortable to some people but the second models are much like the JPN controllers and have an overall better feel. I have two of each for that added option for others that come over and for that day I get Bomberman. Wink

I would suggest getting at least 1 of the arcade sticks. It's not the best stick ever but it handles well with arcade puzzle games.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »

The Saturn finally came today and (obviously) I was able to try out the controllers. I actually find them quite comfortable, but the shoulder buttons are weird. It seems like you have to push them on the front (and not the top) in order for them to register correctly.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:01:19 AM »

The shoulder buttons on mine are the same way.

Nyko made a decent controller for the saturn with the feel of the japanese saturn controller.  It was comfy and the shoulder buttons where a vast improvement over the original.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length