RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:29:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Lurker? Old Member? Check in Here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Lurker? Old Member? Check in Here  (Read 181178 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »

I'm still a fairly new member, having only joined last year, and I was only active for a short time before I had to stop major game hunting for a while, due to losing my job back in December.  After that, and going through some medical issues that set me back for another few months but are now under control, I am newly employed and getting back into a sense of normalcy, and that's gonna include finding more time to spend around here.

Glad to hear things are back on track for you. Welcome back!

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2014, 06:10:26 PM »

I didn't see an "introductions" thread, so thought I'd post here.  I've been listening to the CollectorCast now for a couple weeks, and have caught the last 3 or 4 episodes via iTunes, and thought I'd join in here since I'm a bit of a collector myself, though admittedly not as hardcore as I'm guessing some of you folks are.  Just saying "howdy" and I'll be lurking here from time to time.  I've been on Digit Press for a few years, though I mostly lurk there as well.  I'm not that active anywhere, but I may post from time to time, or watch out for sales/trades Smiley

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »

I didn't see an "introductions" thread, so thought I'd post here.  I've been listening to the CollectorCast now for a couple weeks, and have caught the last 3 or 4 episodes via iTunes, and thought I'd join in here since I'm a bit of a collector myself, though admittedly not as hardcore as I'm guessing some of you folks are.  Just saying "howdy" and I'll be lurking here from time to time.  I've been on Digit Press for a few years, though I mostly lurk there as well.  I'm not that active anywhere, but I may post from time to time, or watch out for sales/trades Smiley

Welcome to the site, MetalFRO. You've already made a fantastic impression by listening to our show and choosing Blazing  Lazers as an avatar. You're going to get along great here. Wink

Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »

I guess I should post in here.  I was a lot more active several years ago, around 2010 or so, and wrote several short pieces highlighting horror games, but I eventually had to focus on other ongoing issues in my life.  Since then I've built a solid career working in television entertainment, primarily with Cartoon Network content.  I've continued to collect, albeit at a slower pace.  But maybe it's time I come back, stretch my game-writing chops again, and get back to what I love discussing.

I'm also still a moderator and contributor on Racketboy.com, but some of that has slowed for me in the last few years too.  Funny how life sneaks up on you like that.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »

Welcome back Ack - it's been a long time since I've seen your name around here.

Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2014, 01:07:23 PM »

Welcome back Ack - it's been a long time since I've seen your name around here.

Hey, thanks.  I've definitely been away a while, but I've been keeping my collection updated.  Happy to come back and pay ya'll a visit.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2014, 05:22:02 PM »

Been awhile.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »

SINCE I'VE GONE AND EFFED THINGS UP JUST LIKE I ALWAYS DO.
BUT ALL THAT SHITE SEEMS TO DISAPPEAR WHEN I'M WITH YOU.

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head shaggy.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »

SINCE I'VE GONE AND EFFED THINGS UP JUST LIKE I ALWAYS DO.
BUT ALL THAT SHITE SEEMS TO DISAPPEAR WHEN I'M WITH YOU.

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head shaggy.

LOL. I never heard of that song.  On another note, I guess I should have posted here upon my return but , alas, I did not.  After leaving the Staff about 3-4 years ago I only came on to update my collection.  I never really paid attention to the forum except to browse the Sales threads.  I had so much going on with being married and having 2 kids.  Well, I had surgery over the summer and it brought me back to this site.  In July I returned and I am hoping to be back on here for good.   Go NES!

SMS set complete!
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »

Damn song doesn't even star until ~50 seconds in!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2014, 08:52:23 AM »

Damn song doesn't even star until ~50 seconds in!

Oh crap, yea.  Man, I'm getting old....

SMS set complete!
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »

Well, after four years, I'm back from the dead. I had a little crisis so to speak, so I've been away since 2011, and now regretfully most of my collection is in storage bins. I hope to remedy this soon, but for right now I only have a few of my consoles and games on hand. (XBOX, 360, One, SNES, GB, GBA, Saturn, and TG16...  the bare necessities). I'm hoping to become active again here soon, especially since I am currently trying to start up a sort of retro "interactive entertainment" business called Primitive Gaming in the near future, and could use all the help I can get. I play a lot of 360, and I just got an XBOX One, and have a lot of free time on my hands, so if any of you want to do some achievement chasing with me, my XBL GT = xX Dev1anc3 Xx . I look forward to becoming a participating member of this community...  again.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2015, 01:36:18 PM »

Well, after four years, I'm back from the dead. I had a little crisis so to speak, so I've been away since 2011, and now regretfully most of my collection is in storage bins. I hope to remedy this soon, but for right now I only have a few of my consoles and games on hand. (XBOX, 360, One, SNES, GB, GBA, Saturn, and TG16...  the bare necessities). I'm hoping to become active again here soon, especially since I am currently trying to start up a sort of retro "interactive entertainment" business called Primitive Gaming in the near future, and could use all the help I can get. I play a lot of 360, and I just got an XBOX One, and have a lot of free time on my hands, so if any of you want to do some achievement chasing with me, my XBL GT = xX Dev1anc3 Xx . I look forward to becoming a participating member of this community...  again.

Yo!  What's going on man?  How's the hunting down there?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »

First thing he does is respond to a PM i sent 3+ years ago!
Welcome back!

Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2015, 11:32:58 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yeah, my inbox was backed up...   mostly people wanting to buy the box for my Super Gameboy...   3 people asked which is weird. I had no idea they were rare. I remember when my local Gamestop (might have been Funcoland then) had a huge bin of Super Gameboys for $2.50 a piece...   anyway. I haven't been on the hunt around the shithole state of N.C. since four years ago, so I really can't say how good the wild is here. I know this place hasn't changed much which is good I guess. Most of these dumb backwoods hicks haven't discovered the enterweb yet, so instead of posting their 32X Spider-Man on eBay and making a fortune, they have it at a flea market in a pile with Virtua Fighter, WrestleMania, and Primal Rage for $5 a piece. Gotta love it. A lot of these people haven't even starting growing thumbs yet, and they are very envious.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length