RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Lurker? Old Member? Check in Here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Lurker? Old Member? Check in Here  (Read 179650 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »

Whoah.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »

He does exist!

CorteXodus
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »

Nice to see this place is still kickin' around :-)

"Anybody seen my glasses?"
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2015, 09:15:24 PM »

Of course. Smiley

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
BurritoBeans
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »

'ello

I've been off and on this place for a bit lurking, and while I've had my account for a while I just used it a tiny bit then forgot about it. Thanks to some people over at AtariAge where most-all of my fourm related action was going on, I was reminded that this place exists and that I used to lurk a good bit. Well, after a week of guessing passwords, I'm back (hopefully) for good and I'll hopefully make more than three little posts and then forget completely that I was here.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2016, 08:49:53 PM »

Welcome back!  Enjoy your stay. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »

So I've been trying to get back into collecting for the past few months with a lot of failures from then to now but after going to a couple semi-local trade meets I think it's finally sparked again. I'm happy to find this place still standing unlike the shambles that is Digital Press now. Anyway hopefully I can stay a somewhat regular member again.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2016, 05:40:51 PM »

Welcome back. I've not been over to Digital Press in years, but things weren't fantastic when I left.

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2016, 07:05:45 PM »

Welcome back. I've not been over to Digital Press in years, but things weren't fantastic when I left.
Thanks, and yea it wasn't in the best place when I stopped going as well but now the last nail has pretty much been put in. Apparently the current adman has locked all forum registration and its been locked now for the past few months.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2016, 02:05:15 PM »

Thanks, and yea it wasn't in the best place when I stopped going as well but now the last nail has pretty much been put in. Apparently the current adman has locked all forum registration and its been locked now for the past few months.

Welcome back, I didn't know DP was falling on hard times.  I go on there every once in awhile.  Back in the day, it was hoppin'.

SMS set complete!
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »

Hey guys! Shepy (rhymes with preppy), formerly known as Project Nintendo, here! I've decided to change my username to match what I'm known as on other forum sites (plus let's be honest that other username was pretty lame). I've been semi-active on rfgeneration for quite some time now but haven't ever formally introduced myself so....here it goes.

I love lists so here's 10 fun facts about me!

1. I live in the Madison, Wisconsin area. It is my personal goal to suck the area clean of retro games before shaggy attempts to pollute the area with his bible games.

2. At 18 years old I am definitely one of the younger kids on the channel 3 block. My earliest gaming memories are from playing Nintendo 64 at a friends house.

3. Despite my age, my favorite system to collect for is the NES. I collect for all Nintendo consoles. I also own some Sega and Atari items. I've dabbled with other systems in the past (ps2, xbox, etc.) but never really got into them.

4. I am a Game Design & Development - Computer Science major @ University of Wisconsin - Stout.

5. For the summer I am working on various assembly tasks for a company that designs and manufactures circuit boards. It's tedious and boring but gives me plenty of time to catch up on old episodes of the collectorcast.

6. I've missed out on the Midwest Gaming Classic due to schedule conflicts for the past 3 years. I am determined to attend this year.

7. I originally came across rfgeneration via the collection checklists and stayed for the lovely database and Zagnorch's...delightful... forum posts.

8. I'm on team Crabby as far as my DLC / Downloadable content policies.

9. I'm also a big vinyl collector. I've slowed this down because I honestly just don't have much more space at home (my parents are already nice enough to house my ever growing collection while I'm off at college) and the fact that it's more of a money sink than video games which I'm able to flip.

10. I've just reached over 500 games in my collection. Not to shabby!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:57:09 PM by Shepy » Logged
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »

Hey RFG! I was gone for a while but now I am not as gone.

I recently moved and now have a dedicated retro game room! I'll post some pics at some point.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »

Hey RFG! I was gone for a while but now I am not as gone.

I recently moved and now have a dedicated retro game room! I'll post some pics at some point.

Can't wait to see them.  Welcome back!

SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »

Welcome back ^InvadErGII!

It has been awhile so remember you are not allowed to use ^ or you break things. Tongue

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:50 AM »

After about 8 months or so, I am back. I went a little crazy on the collecting over the summer, and neglected to keep it organized. Once the boxes and bags overtook the computer, my daily routine of visiting the site stopped. I kept buying, stacking, and repeating, and before I really understood just how much I was accumulating, I had turned my private shrine into a hoarder's closet. The biggest contributor to this was that my favorite used game store went out of business; I started buying a few things here and there at 30% off, then more at 50%, even more at 70%, and finally I pretty much bought everything left once the store hit 90% off. Now, my gaming room is about 10' X 12' and it was not only full, but anywhere from 4-9' tall depending on what part of the pile you measured. In August, when the store was days from closing, I threw about 200 more games from my final haul onto the pile and closed the door behind me. When I closed the door, it came tumbling after...and I couldn't open the door. The room has no windows, but two doors, and I had already barricaded one of them with a wall of boxes, so I just broke down. On Valentine's day, after 6 months and many embarrassing talks with my little brother and nags from my wife, I started to put some work into dealing with it. I still have a long way to go even after about 75 hours of work, but at least I can use my computer and catch up with you all again. Lol

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length