RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:47:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Lurker? Old Member? Check in Here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Print
Author Topic: Lurker? Old Member? Check in Here  (Read 179711 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »

Feel free to make a post in the Video Game Generation forum.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2018, 01:57:15 AM »

What's up, my Nigels?  laugh
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2018, 07:08:15 AM »

I sort of took the summer off of this I guess. But I was busy playing  too, I beat 6 modern  (as in 20 hours at least for each, thats why I emphasize that) and finished the addons in Skyrim which one I hadn't even started yet. So I just updated the  beaten category. Maybe soon I will do some reviews.

I don't know which took longer FFX or Yakuza Kiwami. The story in Yakuza is shorter but there is probably a bit more extra side stories and  which I did too of course. But I did not platinum either, they are super hard to. So they are easily the top 2 most hours spent on. Ni no Kuni comes in at 3rd where I clocked in around 98 hours. I was going for Platinum and was 3 trophies away but thought the drop rate on some of the items was ridiculous and gave up for now. Batman Arkham Origins I guess was 50-60ish doing as much as possible too. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom took me 27 hours to Platinum. I spent a little less time on Binary Domain than Majin and the story takes less time too. BioShock was probably 30-40 hours or something. Including 2 playthroughs on different difficulties to achieve Platinum. And lastly I probably sank maybe 40 more into Skyrim doing the Addons and other side quests I hadn't finished the first time.

So I have just been busy playing . Well I have done other things too. I have had to worry about my family and nearly lost two of the people closest to me.

My dad had a heart attack April 30th. They sent him home because he was too weak at the time to operate on. Then he started feeling bad again at the end of June and on July 1st they decided he was strong enough to do surgery and so they did. I hate to say it wasn't a surprise my dad had these problems he was obese many years and only lost weight recently. As well he drove a truck for 20 years and ate mostly fast food and at truck stops. But on August 5th my youngest uncles wife had one too and she was what I thought was one of the healthiest people I knew, she even had a stint where she tried out being a vegan but didn't like it. It turns out it was fate she needs to be at least a vegetarian because she has a disorder where she doesn't process the cholesterol found in meat like a normal functioning person would and thats why her arteries got clogged. 50 some odd years of even eating healthy didn't stop the disorder from striking since she didn't know she had it. So she has no choice now. It was actually exactly 2 weeks after her 60th birthday. But she rebounded enough she still went on a plane on vacation just 2 weeks after that. So she wasn't stopped too long.

My dad has been stopped from working. He hasn't worked since the attack and hopes this next doctors visit the 27th will clear him. They won't let you drive a bus if they are not happy with your health which is understandable you have the lives of people in your hands. Its probably even stricter for pilots.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:14:32 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #273 on: September 20, 2018, 09:37:59 AM »

Wow, sorry to hear about the health problems with your dad and aunt. Hopefully your dad gets cleared, and can get back to work, and back to normal.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #274 on: September 20, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »

Welcome back!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #275 on: September 20, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »

Well, look who's here!

@RobotWillie: That really sucks about the health issues with your family. Hopefully the games have been able to give you a stress break.

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2018, 08:41:29 AM »

Yes they have, I wouldn't say its the reason I play games but playing them does help the mind forget the shitty parts of life at least for awhile.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »

I sort of took the summer off of this I guess. But I was busy playing  too, I beat 6 modern  (as in 20 hours at least for each, thats why I emphasize that) and finished the addons in Skyrim which one I hadn't even started yet. So I just updated the  beaten category. Maybe soon I will do some reviews.

I don't know which took longer FFX or Yakuza Kiwami. The story in Yakuza is shorter but there is probably a bit more extra side stories and  which I did too of course. But I did not platinum either, they are super hard to. So they are easily the top 2 most hours spent on. Ni no Kuni comes in at 3rd where I clocked in around 98 hours. I was going for Platinum and was 3 trophies away but thought the drop rate on some of the items was ridiculous and gave up for now. Batman Arkham Origins I guess was 50-60ish doing as much as possible too. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom took me 27 hours to Platinum. I spent a little less time on Binary Domain than Majin and the story takes less time too. BioShock was probably 30-40 hours or something. Including 2 playthroughs on different difficulties to achieve Platinum. And lastly I probably sank maybe 40 more into Skyrim doing the Addons and other side quests I hadn't finished the first time.

So I have just been busy playing . Well I have done other things too. I have had to worry about my family and nearly lost two of the people closest to me.

My dad had a heart attack April 30th. They sent him home because he was too weak at the time to operate on. Then he started feeling bad again at the end of June and on July 1st they decided he was strong enough to do surgery and so they did. I hate to say it wasn't a surprise my dad had these problems he was obese many years and only lost weight recently. As well he drove a truck for 20 years and ate mostly fast food and at truck stops. But on August 5th my youngest uncles wife had one too and she was what I thought was one of the healthiest people I knew, she even had a stint where she tried out being a vegan but didn't like it. It turns out it was fate she needs to be at least a vegetarian because she has a disorder where she doesn't process the cholesterol found in meat like a normal functioning person would and thats why her arteries got clogged. 50 some odd years of even eating healthy didn't stop the disorder from striking since she didn't know she had it. So she has no choice now. It was actually exactly 2 weeks after her 60th birthday. But she rebounded enough she still went on a plane on vacation just 2 weeks after that. So she wasn't stopped too long.

My dad has been stopped from working. He hasn't worked since the attack and hopes this next doctors visit the 27th will clear him. They won't let you drive a bus if they are not happy with your health which is understandable you have the lives of people in your hands. Its probably even stricter for pilots.

Stay strong old pal. I wish you all the best. I sometimes miss the days of us talking and joking at SD. I'm banned for life. I hope your dad gets better or at least stable.
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »

I guess I will give an update on my dad. A few days before Christmas he had a defibrillator device put in him. This device being installed bars him from ever being able to drive a commercial vehicle again, it is the literal law. No appeals by people have been granted when they have tried. So for now he will still be on disability, and it doesn't seem like his company has anything else for him to do. And there is very little in the way of work he can do anymore either, he has been diagnosed with an additional condition relating to stress that means any amount of stress more tha normal everyday life can kill him. So... lets say he signs up to be a..... gas station clerk. Nope, anything from a gas tank fire causing stress to a robbery could kill him, just as an example. So hopefully the feds will realize, and insurance companies, that this isn't some guy being lazy and mooching off them, because he literally can not be over stressed in any way, literally, and its not a social problem, its a heart problem.

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #279 on: August 07, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »

Howdy all - was given a cool present yesterday I though I'd post in the small scores thread, what I didn't realize was its been 4 years since I last posted - which seems to have gone by terrifyingly fast.

Had some lucky breaks with work that didn't leave a lot of time for gaming - but my boy (who is now 7) is obsessed with all thing mario & minecraft it's time to start setting up the old consoles.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2019, 07:21:08 PM »

Welcome back Seno!

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2019, 06:57:46 AM »

Miss seeing some faces on here so it is really cool when I see people come back, good to see you again James!

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »

Well, time for my "every two year" update...Christ on a trike I swear I come back promising myself to get more involved and I flake out...life can really suck it outta ya, but great to come back and see alot of familiar faces!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2019, 12:06:07 AM »

Well, time for my "every two year" update...Christ on a trike I swear I come back promising myself to get more involved and I flake out...life can really suck it outta ya, but great to come back and see alot of familiar faces!

Welcome back!  What's new?  It's been a long time!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2019, 04:14:55 PM »

Welcome back!  What's new?  It's been a long time!

Moved, yet again, and my collection is in boxes all over the house.  Despite that, been in a Super Famicom buying mood for some reason.  Not like I'll ever be able to complete that set!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length