RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:22:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Arcade PCBs? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Arcade PCBs?  (Read 5606 times)
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: March 11, 2008, 11:18:54 PM »

Any chance of these being added to the database?  I might purchase a few soon and I wouldn't mind having RFG track them in my collection Smiley  After all, we have standalone handhelds, V.Smile games, and Ohio Art Etch-A-Sketch Animator 2000 in the DB!

I could add everything on KLOV to the database if you'd add an arcade section, i'm on spring break and have too much time to kill!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:23:41 PM by DefaultGen » Logged
Tan
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »

Any chance of these being added to the database?  I might purchase a few soon and I wouldn't mind having RFG track them in my collection Smiley  After all, we have standalone handhelds, V.Smile games, and Ohio Art Etch-A-Sketch Animator 2000 in the DB!

I could add everything on KLOV to the database if you'd add an arcade section, i'm on spring break and have too much time to kill!

There has been talk of adding an arcade section in the past. It's quite a lot of work for our coders to build, will require extensive research and discussion and a lot of time. Not saying it will never happen, but that it will take a lot of time to do it right the first time. We wouldn't want to just slap together something to get rolling and have to constantly change the scripts, gamepages etc because we didn't plan this out. No different than the downloadable games database in that respect.

Adding the info to the gamepages is the easy part, building new databases, making sure we satisfy everyone, make it permanent, new search pages, new scripts for submissions, new guidelines and new collection tools are the hard parts. Tongue

I'm sure one of the webmasters will reply to this and clarify or better answer your question, but as a staffer, this has been my observations on the arcade database discussions of the past.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

so for the arcade part why not just add them as stand alone games, theres not a lot you have to change then ?

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »

I have 3 arcade machines id like to add to the db
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

I hadn't realized we've been using the same reasoning for not having an arcade section for 4 years now, but in short, everything Tan said then, is still true.
Arcades are a very special part of gaming history and they deserve to be done correctly. Like we did with hardware, they need their own DB, not just thrown in with software as a new console listing. Different information categories, different image titles, etc. would all need to be done. And we just don't have the time/resources to get that all done right now.

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:20:11 AM »

Do any of you know anyone at arcade-history.com
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »

Not I

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 08:26:57 AM »

Im a member on arcade-history.com and its a very good site with lots of info on arcade machines and various other coin operated machines dating from old to new.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »

I'll throw in my lot.

I would be greatly interested in tracking quite a few things here at RFGeneration, like Strategy Guides and Arcade PCBs, but we just don't have the resources to dedicate towards it. We've had volunteers in the past who've offered, but there's just not enough development capacity right now to address new databases, let alone the current problems that we have.

We also have a ton of holes in our current databases, which tend to only get filled if an active member takes an interest in getting the information filled in or needs to add it to the database for their collection. Perhaps after this year, after I get a few MAJOR site rewrites done, we can revisit this, but for now it's definitely a no.

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »

ok Sad  as you say theres holes in the database which need filling,is there anything i can help with Cheesy
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »

ok Sad  as you say theres holes in the database which need filling,is there anything i can help with Cheesy

European anything. If we can get a UPC and region information, great...if we can get a box scan, even better!

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 04:11:03 PM »

Ive added the game "MAX" for nintendo gameboy to the database and i dont have a box or manual,i have found a game scan and a box scan in german that im adding now after i post this
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »

Ive added the game "MAX" for nintendo gameboy to the database and i dont have a box or manual,i have found a game scan and a box scan in german that im adding now after i post this

It needs to be yours, not someone else's scans. The Image Submission Policy can be found here:
http://www.rfgeneration.c....php?action=policies;id=4

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »

Would i still be able to use them if i have their permission
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »

Would i still be able to use them if i have their permission

...that's a good question, actually. Legally, yes, but they would have to agree that the image would become property of the site, and would not be removed if requested. We try to stray away from using images that are not from your own personal collection as a result.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length