RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:33:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Hacking Attempt! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hacking Attempt!  (Read 1308 times)
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »

I'm using a macro to fill in most of the fields for a big lot of PC Gamer demo discs and occasionally "hacking attempt" pops up in between additions.  I'd just like to let you guys know I'm not haxxoring RFG  laugh
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »

I think TraderJake has that pop up when certain errors occur in the scripts, like when the proper parameters aren't passed it.  It's just an error message, with some flair.  We really don't keep track of that stuff so it's nothing to worry about.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »

There's built in checks to make sure people submitting are the person they say they are etc... It exists so that people can't claim to be someone else,  but at the same time it also means that it could break things like macros since I doubt the macro is logged in as you, or is passing the proper login parameters.

Hello World.
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »

It's not doing everything, I'm filling out the title and pressing submit, and it just fills out everything on the next page, so I just have to put in the title and hit submit again.

Also if a disc has a DVD variant should I just add it twice to the database with the same name (which is what I did) or is that not worthy of a new entry Tongue  There was a period of about half a year where discs came in a DVD sleeve or a CD sleeve.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:02:35 PM by DefaultGen » Logged
Tan
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »

It's not doing everything, I'm filling out the title and pressing submit, and it just fills out everything on the next page, so I just have to put in the title and hit submit again.

Also if a disc has a DVD variant should I just add it twice to the database with the same name (which is what I did) or is that not worthy of a new entry Tongue  There was a period of about half a year where discs came in a DVD sleeve or a CD sleeve.

Depends on the game really. If a game came with both, we have an option in the bottom of the media format list for CD+DVD. If there were two different packages, one with CD and one DVD, make one of them a variation of the first and add something like [DVD Edition] to the variation title which in the scripts is underneath the main title. That way we'd have something like Doom 3 and Doom 3 [DVD Edition] and can easily tell them apart. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length