RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:49:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Why do jeans have to be so hellishly expensive? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why do jeans have to be so hellishly expensive?  (Read 2143 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:52:05 PM »

I needed new jeans, so I went to some warehouse. I suppose I could have gone to some specialized jean store, but I hate having to listen to loud lousy music while being surrounded by hip young people.

In this particular warehouse the jeans started at 30 euros. Not a bad price if it weren't for the fact that it's a pretty lousy brand. These jeans won't last long. The more high quality jeans however were terribly expensive. Levi's 501 for example was 85 euros! For a piece of clothing!

And no designer clothing, it's a model they've been having for the last 100 years! I suppose it could have been a good price if they were made of gold or something, but they weren't. They were just regular jeans.

Why in the NINE HELLS does a simple piece of clothing need to cost more than a video game/mp3 player/dvd player? It's a travesty.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 01:52:38 PM by Arrrhalomynn » Logged
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 02:35:27 PM »

That's exactly why I shop at thrift stores.  I could pay $35 to $60 for a pair of jeans at the mall, $10 to $15 for a pair at someplace like Target, or $1.50 for a pair at the Village that is more comfortable than the aforementioned (and more expensive) pairs at other places.  

T-shirts are just as bad.  $20 for a t-shirt?  Ridiculous!  I've seen some cool shirts around, but come on!  I can buy one at a thrift store for $2.00, or buy a blank one at Wal-Mart and print my own design on it for just under $5.00.  

Then there are belts....  I see people spending $60 for a piece of leather that nobody will see underneath their baggy shirt.  Seriously, what is up with that?  Do people feel special when they wear clothes from a store that empties their wallet and steals their virginity too?  I don't get it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 02:35:46 PM by admin » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 03:01:14 PM »

Old Navy usually has jeans for about 25 or 30, and they have sales every month is seems.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 03:17:37 PM »

Yeah, sales.... The only thing that ends up on sale here, unless you're there the very very first day, are ugly jeans and jeans in less popular sizes. Which means that average me will have a very small chance of finding a pair of decent looking jeans on a sale.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 04:30:26 PM »

Yeah, I never have a chance of finding clothes on sale, either.  I'm lucky to find pants or shirts in my size at all, and sales here happen for the same reason a lot of the time, so it's even less likely then.  Still, at $30, that's 2000% more than I paid for my last pair of jeans.  Way too much.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 06:51:55 PM »

I guess that is one advantage to being in america.  All the fat people here means that there is less competition for me when I am trying to find something that fits and still looks decent. And Levis for $110 is just outragrous.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 06:52:33 PM »

Clothes suck, burn 'em all!!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 06:11:28 AM »

Jeans cost what they do because people will pay it,

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 06:38:38 AM »

I don't wear jeans much anymore.  I have 2 or 3 pair, but when I go out to buy clothes, I buy pants that I would wear to work so they have multiple purposes.  Other than new shirts for work, the only shirts that I buy are plain colored shirts from Foot Locker (they always have 5 shirts for 20 bucks), and shirts that are too sweet not to buy.

The thing that really bugs me is ties.  a 2-3 foot piece of fabric that I tie around me neck for 8 hours a day cost $50?  Yeah, fuck you.  I went to Sears when I first got my current job so I could get some new clothes, and I spent something like $400 on 3 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, and 5 ties.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 12:19:47 PM »

Jeans cost what they do because people will pay it,

I won't

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length