RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 09:39:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What to look for in a used Xbox? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What to look for in a used Xbox?  (Read 923 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »

I'm planning on buying an Xbox sometime this summer at a garage sale, I'm hoping someone got a 360 and gets rid of the original for cheap. And I saw one today with hookups, but no games or box, they wanted $60 for it. That seemed high to me, but I really have no idea what they go for.
So what would be a GOOD price on one? I was thinking I'd like to pay around $20, $30 if boxed. Is that totally unreasonable?
Are there certain model numbers/variations I should look for?

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »

If it's possible, I would try to test the system before buying it. You can't be too careful with CD-based systems. I would probably recommend using Craigslist, where you'll find deals every bit as good as at a yard sale, and most of the time the seller is more than willing to let you test the system first.*

*Of course, I am basing this on my usage of CL here in the Twin Cities. It's hard to quantify that "Minnesota nice" quality Smiley

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »

If it's possible, I would try to test the system before buying it. You can't be too careful with CD-based systems. I would probably recommend using Craigslist, where you'll find deals every bit as good as at a yard sale, and most of the time the seller is more than willing to let you test the system first.*

*Of course, I am basing this on my usage of CL here in the Twin Cities. It's hard to quantify that "Minnesota nice" quality Smiley
I would definitely ask about trying it out at some places, but some of the houses we go to, I wouldn't feel safe going inside of.
I check our Craigslist twice daily, and haven't found a Xbox for under $200 yet. Though Youngstown's doesn't get a fraction of the traffic your's probably gets.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »

I work at a used game shop and we sell Xbox for 59.99 with 1 controller and your cords. Now what I would check is to make sure that the disc drive fully comes out and goes back in with no problem. I've had three xboxs in the last two months with tray problems. Id say 40 for an xbox is probably a good deal.

Running out of games to buy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length