RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:16:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | "I don't want to play games any more" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "I don't want to play games any more"  (Read 3670 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »

My problem is too many choices.

I'm in this group as well. In addition to finding the necessary time to play while not risking losing significant amounts of sleep (i.e. Civ Revolution).

Tan
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 10:39:05 PM »

Gaming should always be an impulsive hobby not a scheduled one. Sometimes just having the variety makes you appreciate a small handful you continue to play even more because you chose to stick with the familiar, not forced to by lack of choice. Also if you can't find the time to game, hopefully that means you have more important or fulfilling activities to occupy your time. Let gaming fill in the cracks like alternative to TV time, rainy/cold days and late night insomnia fixes, let real life have the primetime hours.

If you have 1000 games, in ten years you should be able to find the time to beat them all. Twenty years, thirty years or more even better. I've been gaming for 25 or so myself, so another 25 years doesn't seem a far stretch to me. How many times does a person watch all their favorite movies or listen to every LP/Cassette/CD/MP3 they own? You shouldn't feel the need to play constantly regardless of how many games you have.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »

I can't play constantly. My brain begins to melt after about 10-13 hours in front of a screen. I completely agree with you though, Tan.

PS: I have watched the first bttf movie at least 40 times: 40 times about 2 hours = 80 hours of "Marty! The flux dispersal will... LOOKOUT!"

PPS: I have almost the entire Back to the Future trilogy script memorized, dead serious.  Tongue Grin

Tell me about your variants...
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »

I get that felling alot after playing an addicting game and beating it.  I have so many games I havent beaten and I don't know which to play next and I just don't feel like deciding.

But I have many other hobbies like playing music, making movies, and reading so it doesn't bother me
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »

I had a day like that just yesterday, I usually just take a day off from gaming and do something else.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length