RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:12:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | "I don't want to play games any more" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "I don't want to play games any more"  (Read 3718 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« on: July 26, 2008, 11:05:38 PM »

Do any of you ever get the "I don't want to play games any more" feeling? I do sometimes, but its like a breeze: May last a while, yet so fleeting. Every so often, I look at my games and go 'Holy doodle, I've spent over $3000 on games my whole life. What a waste'. Then the next day, I'll say 'Aww gawd, I needs meeze some SMB on the NES!'. I'm having one of those feelings coming on... What is a good game to cure my illness? I tried Phoenix Wright, and its fun, but too damn hard... I find myself looking at gamefaqs every 5 minutes to make sure I don't screw up. I need me a good game so that I can rekindle my self before I go on vacation. Oh, and if said game is for the PSP/DS/GB/GBA, that would help a lot, because 17 hours is a long time in a car.  Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 11:21:12 PM »

Do any of you ever get the "I don't want to play games any more" feeling?
Nope! Cheesy

I'd go play something light. Try out something like Peggle, DUI, Armadillo Run, or Crayon Physics.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 12:15:02 AM »

Puzzle Quest or Patapon.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:01:42 AM »

I just get the "I don't want to play this game anymore," feeling, and go play something else

When shall his new form be revealed?
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 02:07:15 AM »

'Aww gawd, I needs meeze some SMB on the NES!'
Wait until tomorrow when you get that feeling, then get SMB for the NES Wink

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 02:17:44 AM »

Meh... I already have SMB. And I'm playing phoenix wright right now. Nearly done with case #2. God, I can't sleep...  hmm

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:25 AM »

Yeah, usually when I'm bored with the game(s) I'm playing and I feel like all the games I have don't interest me anymore. The feeling usually goes away pretty fast though Tongue
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 04:56:16 AM »

My problem is too many choices. Try something you normally wouldn't play or pick up. You may be surprised.

I really don't want to play Halo 3 anymore though. It just isn't fun. The only reason I play is because that's the only game all of my friends have. The only thing we can all do together.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »

Nah, but what happens to me is I go too long without playing and then I don't do it for a while. Especially when I have school.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »

Nah, but what happens to me is I go too long without playing and then I don't do it for a while. Especially when I have school.

That happens to me a lot too! The longest I've ever gone without playing is about 2 months in 7th Grade. I just didn't want to.

Nope! Cheesy

I'd go play something light. Try out something like Peggle, DUI, Armadillo Run, or Crayon Physics.

Thanks for these Tondog. They helped. Now I'm playing SMB3 on the GBA!! Hurray!

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

I go long periods of time without playing a game but it's more of a problem with having enough free time than actually wanting to play. Right now, I want to finish Super Mario Galaxy really bad but I want to have at least 2-3 hours free to play it so I haven't played it for a month or so.

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

I do, but that's normaly because I'm thinking about women and how I can get a g/f.  It's hard to think about a game when your thinking about dating.  Somehow the two just dont go well together.  Also, I tend to forget about games when I'm out hunting for another job.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »

I suffer more from the I don't know what I want to play dilemma rather than not wanting to play anything.
I try to go to a classic when I feel this way, I'd recommend Tetris DS for your trip.
Kimoosabi
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 05:07:22 PM »

I suffer more from the I don't know what I want to play dilemma rather than not wanting to play anything.
I try to go to a classic when I feel this way, I'd recommend Tetris DS for your trip.

This is something I experience as well. Usually whenever I finish a game that I have been playing for a long time, and am ready to move on to something else. I look at my shelf of games and am sometimes overwhelmed, because there are just so many I haven't played at all, I am not sure what I feel like moving on to.

Occasionally I do also get that feeling of just not playing games at all period. When that happens, I usually just go with my gut and stop playing games for a while, maybe take a week off. Usually after that I am ready to get some game time in again.
imfromwisconsin
Donor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 05:24:10 PM »

I seem to suffer from not wanting to start a new game because then I might run out of games to play.  I have a good 10 games or so on 'next-gen' systems that I haven't even opened yet, but I won't start because I don't want to run out of games!

It's a horrible feeling, and I'm working on getting over it.  Hmm...maybe I'll start something now.

"Sharing is Caring."
-Ryan
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length