RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:41:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Random Photo Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 200 Print
Author Topic: Random Photo Thread  (Read 732385 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1935 on: November 03, 2008, 05:46:25 PM »

Tan pretty much got it. It's a privacy thing, and people can use it to clone a car then go about without any scruples. They could always look out the window and get a plate from cars driving past but that can't be helped.
Tan
« Reply #1936 on: November 03, 2008, 05:52:37 PM »

I should also mention that there are now ways for people to use pictures to replicate keys now. There are PC programs now that can extrapolate enough info from a picture that a key can be cloned perfectly by filling in the missing 3D information.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1937 on: November 04, 2008, 08:36:40 AM »

Tan pretty much got it. It's a privacy thing, and people can use it to clone a car then go about without any scruples. They could always look out the window and get a plate from cars driving past but that can't be helped.
I was thinking about that too. Why would a criminal go and look at a car picture on the internet than just look outside and "clone" a car from there?
Tan
« Reply #1938 on: November 04, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »

I was thinking about that too. Why would a criminal go and look at a car picture on the internet than just look outside and "clone" a car from there?

Because only a stupid criminal would commit a crime in his own neighbourhood.  Wink
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1939 on: November 04, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »

Because only a stupid criminal would commit a crime in his own neighbourhood.  Wink
Aren't all criminals stupid? If they were smart, they wouldn't be criminals.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Tan
« Reply #1940 on: November 04, 2008, 06:34:03 PM »

Aren't all criminals stupid? If they were smart, they wouldn't be criminals.

That would make the assumption that a criminal's motivations are strictly greed or desperation. Some commit crimes merely for the challenge, or for entertainment. The term "criminal mastermind" can just as easily apply. All of the millions of crimes over the course of history that have never been or can't be solved by the worlds best detectives or forensic experts are unsolved because the criminal is either lucky, or they've outsmarted their adversaries.

If there is a way to exploit someone's information somehow, someone will figure it out and many others will do it.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1941 on: November 04, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »

Who says they will commit a crime in their own neighbourhood?

What if a criminal is out of town, spots a car & plates there and then uses a clone of that car somewhere else in the country?

I agree that it would be rather stupid to copy a car from just around the block and then use it to do a crime in your own street. All I'm saying is it's perfectly possible for a criminal to copy a car from city A and use it to commit a crime in city B. They can be miles apart. Wink
Tan
« Reply #1942 on: November 04, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »

Who says they will commit a crime in their own neighbourhood?

What if a criminal is out of town, spots a car & plates there and then uses a clone of that car somewhere else in the country?

I agree that it would be rather stupid to copy a car from just around the block and then use it to do a crime in your own street. All I'm saying is it's perfectly possible for a criminal to copy a car from city A and use it to commit a crime in city B. They can be miles apart. Wink

I think looking out a window for a license plate would be stupid no matter where you are. Hotels/Motels/hospitals keep names, friends/family can be connected to suspects if they are staying with them. The only way it could work is if one could guard their anonymity more closely. Looking outside would be a needless risk. Someone who thought it wise to find a clone plate number wouldn't stop short at making sure they weren't in the same area. That's the difference between the stupid criminal and the smart one. Wink
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1943 on: November 15, 2008, 07:20:59 AM »

I just went to the bank and when I got back to the car I saw this.

I had to climb in through the passenger door. Sad But they may have been so close that I accidentally scratched the van with my door keys while reversing out. Cheesy Woops!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1944 on: November 15, 2008, 07:57:27 AM »

Lol, go James! Cheesy
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1945 on: November 15, 2008, 11:00:21 AM »

Haha, nice.  I HATE it when people do that. grrr
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1946 on: November 15, 2008, 11:03:34 AM »

Well, to be fair, you're just as close to the line as he is Tongue
And I always "accidentally" scratch people's cars with my keys when they park over the line. I usually "accidentally" slam my door against their car too.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1947 on: November 15, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »

I usually "accidentally" slam my door against their car too.
Doesn't that hurt your door as well?
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1948 on: November 15, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »

I usually "accidentally" slam my door against their car too.
Doesn't that hurt your door as well?
A little tiny bit, but I don't really care and it's always worse for the other car Wink

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1949 on: November 15, 2008, 02:24:57 PM »

Well, to be fair, you're just as close to the line as he is Tongue
And I always "accidentally" scratch people's cars with my keys when they park over the line. I usually "accidentally" slam my door against their car too.

Grow up.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 200 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length