RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:43:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Fable 2 vs Fallout 3. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Which would you get first to play through and why?
Fable 2   -5 (38.5%)
Fallout 3   -8 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Fable 2 vs Fallout 3.  (Read 8107 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: October 10, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »

There's no option for "both" on purpose. "Ha! Ha!" - Nelson.

I'm leaning towards Fable 2 at this point. And then asking for Fallout 3 for the holidays.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

Fable if it was on PC.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

If I could only pick up one, it'd be Fable II. But who knows, I might change my mind eventually. Wink
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »

As great as Fable 2 looks, I'll be getting, and playing, Fallout 3 first.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Tan
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 02:36:49 AM »

After watching a lot more new media on Fable II, I'll hold off on it for a while. It looks like a high quality game but after seeing the combat and running around town it's just not grabbing my attention anymore. Like the first one I'll pick it up on impulse after release. I'm sure I'll enjoy it as I did the first but it's no longer a priority title for me.

Between Fallout 3 and Castlevania Order of Ecclesia I'll have plenty to play this month. Smiley

Off topic a bit but has anyone been following the game Alpha Protocol? It's a sci-fi / spy RPG by Obsidian Ent. (Kotor II, NWN 2) that's using the Mass Effect engine and dialog tree system. I'm really excited about it's potential as well as the Alien franchise RPG they are making as well.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:12:11 AM »

I've played neither Fable or both the Fallout games. Am I missing anything here? GameTap has the first Fallout for free download right now, so maybe I should give it a shot?

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 09:10:09 AM »

...Now downloading Sad

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 10:00:15 AM »

Off topic a bit but has anyone been following the game Alpha Protocol? It's a sci-fi / spy RPG by Obsidian Ent. (Kotor II, NWN 2) that's using the Mass Effect engine and dialog tree system. I'm really excited about it's potential as well as the Alien franchise RPG they are making as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out as well.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »

GameTap has the first Fallout for free download right now, so maybe I should give it a shot?
That sounds nice, I think I'll give it a try too. Smiley I've never played any of those games either.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out as well.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol, too. Last I heard it was a February 2009 release date?

This is the first I've heard about an Alien RPG, though...PC, Console or both?

I'm also intrigued by Borderlands.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 12:18:25 PM »

I've played neither Fable or both the Fallout games. Am I missing anything here? GameTap has the first Fallout for free download right now, so maybe I should give it a shot?

You may like Fallout, but it's hard for me to get into in these days of fast paced gaming.

When shall his new form be revealed?
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »

I voted for Fable,  more of my style of gaming.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 08:29:31 AM »

I worked out a deal with a friend of mine to purchase his Fable 2 Collector's edition for $40. I just have to pick it up from EB/Gamestop tomorrow. Cool

Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 05:55:30 AM »

They'll both be terrible as straight up rpgs and I'll be buying neither of them. The end.

P.S. though if I could, I'd probably check out Fable 2 since I can enjoy that one abit since it doesn't claim to be anything but an action RPG. Sadly though, I'll have to check out FO3 to write a review. I cringe at the thought.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 09:22:44 AM »

Walt! You posted!

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length