RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:14:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | E-Bay winnings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 138 Print
Author Topic: E-Bay winnings  (Read 442649 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1815 on: October 23, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »

Nope! Dick Holloran was training young Danny to use the Shining for good! also...book was WAY better.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1816 on: October 23, 2014, 04:02:33 PM »

Nope! Dick Holloran was training young Danny to use the Shining for good! also...book was WAY better.

And how'd that work out for him. Got an ax "shined" right in his back. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1817 on: October 23, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »

And how'd that work out for him. Got an ax "shined" right in his back. Smiley

Its OK though! He got better and became a robot!

[img width=540 height=405]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/Jazz_zps15eb0ac6.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1818 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »

Ironically, I never heard Jazz play any jazz. One thing is certain though, when I hear jazz, I automatically associate it with a Porsche 935 Turbo.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #1819 on: October 24, 2014, 09:53:14 PM »

So jelly of complete shining force. I've been missing the manual for forever. 1 guy on ebay is selling one but 25$ + shipping is gross.

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1820 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:55 AM »

So jelly of complete shining force. I've been missing the manual for forever. 1 guy on ebay is selling one but 25$ + shipping is gross.

That's a crazy price. You'd be better off selling your boxed copy and then using the funds to buy a complete copy. Its what I did with the loose one I sold. Since your's is boxed you might have to pull out $5-10 at most, but that's a lot less than $25.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1821 on: November 04, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »

I got a SUPER good deal off eBay this last week, my first in forever.  I bought a blue Game Gear, 8 games, all of which have the plastic cases, and 5 of which contain manuals, a non-working (as far as I can tell) battery pack, a large fold-out Game Gear ad with a Batman Returns poster on the other side, and an official Sega Game Gear zipper carry case with space for battery pack, A/C adapter, Game Gear, and up to 12 games in plastic cases.  The battery pack doesn't appear to charge, because I had it plugged in for hours and couldn't get it to turn on, and the Game Gear itself has a bum screen, but does power on and give audio, so I know the system itself still works.  The games I got are:

Star Trek The Next Generation: Advanced Holodeck Simulator (came with fold-out poster)
The Lion King
X-Men
Cliffhanger
NBA Jam
FIFA Soccer
World Cup 94
Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing

There was also a damaged instruction sheet for the battery pack.  Here's a pic straight from the auction:
[img width=700 height=1050]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDY2/z/BigAAOSwF1dUPcrA/$_57.JPG[/img]

Now, I realize that most of the games aren't too great, but being able to pick them all up with plastic cases, and over half with manuals, PLUS the fact that it's a BLUE Game Gear model and getting that official carry case, was easily worth the bargain price of $15.51!  Now I just need to find someone who does GG screen mods/replacements - anyone know who might do that?

@EngineerMike - great finds on those shmups!  I bought Lightening Force as a new release back in the day, and it's one of my favorite games of all time, and definitely my favorite Genesis shoot-em-up.  I much prefer RayStorm and RayForce (aka Layer Section, aka Galactic Attack) to RayCrisis, but it's still an interesting game.  I have MLF and Gunbird 2 as well - I was lucky enough to snag Gunbird 2 before it became more expensive to buy than it probably retailed for originally.  Good stuff!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1822 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »

@MetalFRO the screen probably isn't the real issue, it's often the capacitors on the board that die. are you able to see anything on screen if you play around with the contrast and tilt the screen to look at it from different angles? mine was really difficult to look at unless you tilted it really far forward, and even then it barely showed anything. after replacing most of the caps it looks almost perfect.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1823 on: November 04, 2014, 07:35:59 PM »

MetalFRO, those shmups were for the December Playthrough contest if you're interested in joining.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #1824 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:47 PM »

THat's an awesome Game Gear lot!

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1825 on: November 05, 2014, 02:16:08 AM »

*10 to 300 UPDATE*

I splurged a little and got this guy as #293 for my NES collection:

[img width=685 height=1024]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/DC16D3E3-E28F-4044-8CC5-FFBD89787B3D_zps5ean7n6f.jpg[/img]

oh yeah. And a nice manual with it too!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1826 on: November 05, 2014, 08:24:43 AM »

Congrats! That's one of the 4 I have remaining for my set. Smiley

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1827 on: November 05, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »

@MetalFRO the screen probably isn't the real issue, it's often the capacitors on the board that die. are you able to see anything on screen if you play around with the contrast and tilt the screen to look at it from different angles? mine was really difficult to look at unless you tilted it really far forward, and even then it barely showed anything. after replacing most of the caps it looks almost perfect.

All I can see on the screen is lines/bars and just a little bit of blue color if I tilt the screen a bit.  I haven't opened it up, but maybe I need to do that and see if the caps are bulged or leaking.  My boss is a bit of a whiz when it comes to replacing capacitors and such, so if that turns out to be the case, he could probably help me do that.  But I might want to get a replacement screen anyway, because like the Nomad, the built-in screen for Game Gear systems all suck.  I had a friend in high school who had one, and while playing Sonic on it was a blast, it was really blurry.  After getting my Nomad screen modded a few years back, it's WAY better than it was before, and it's more fun to play as a result.  So really, if anyone does the same for GG units, I might be interested in a screen replacement for it regardless.

MetalFRO, those shmups were for the December Playthrough contest if you're interested in joining.

Yep, I have 6 of the 8, so I'm thinking about playing through those when they come along.  A couple of those I needed an excuse to pull out and play, because they've sat around in my plastic tubs waiting in the wings forever Tongue

@EngineerMike - nice find on Zombie Nation!  I didn't realize it until recently, but apparently that's one of the NES "holy grail" games, because it's hard to find.  I remember renting that with some friends as a kid and having a blast with it, despite the goofy premise and muddy graphics.  I count myself lucky to have been able to play an original cart on original hardware at least once, though I may never set my eyes on one again Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1828 on: November 05, 2014, 03:20:39 PM »

The Game Gear is notorious for the capacitors going out. While you are in there, replace all of them, since the sound typically goes out on these handhelds a lot too.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1829 on: November 05, 2014, 05:00:14 PM »

Talk to douglie or ApolloBoy here about the Game Gear mod. I believe both can do it.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 138 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length