RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The Gym Diary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: The Gym Diary  (Read 217628 times)
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »

^I have not post here because I haven't improved any. Sad My stats are most likely the same. :embarassed: I haven't touched my gym equipment in weeks. I was motivated to loose weight the first week of the year, but I have been to lazy the first three months this year. Now my gym equipment is surrounded by boxes. We are in the process of buying our first house. We are set to close on April 15. After we finishing closing and get the key we have some work to do before we move in. I will not be working out again until we move in to the new house.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »

Whelp, I've managed to get all the way down to 237 this week.

Which might be as low as I go for a while, what with the demands of my job and all.

I'm still trying to put in at least 20 miles of trail hiking a week.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »

*poke* I know you guys aren't slacking off. Right?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:59 PM »

Hey now!

Was up to 245 at one point since I last checked in, but got it down to 238 over the last week thanks to 45 miles of hill hiking over four days.

Did 14 miles today with an overall elevation change of about 4000 feet.

I also set a personal record by encountering three rattlesnakes on the trails.

Ya gotta love gettin' back to nature...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 12:21:34 AM »

I've made an attempt to eliminate soda out of my diet entirely. I've been drinking flavored water, but they ran out of water today and I had to resort to Minute Maid Lemonade. Since I've really had anything sugary to drink in 3 weeks, it tastes really strong and I had to revert to drinking Minute Maid Lite Lemonade, which is close to being too strong. Almost have to water it down because it's too sweet.

Sounds like it's time to do an elimination diet to figure out what food's causing my stomach problems now before I start constructing a diet.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »

I've made an attempt to eliminate soda out of my diet entirely. I've been drinking flavored water, but they ran out of water today and I had to resort to Minute Maid Lemonade. Since I've really had anything sugary to drink in 3 weeks, it tastes really strong and I had to revert to drinking Minute Maid Lite Lemonade, which is close to being too strong. Almost have to water it down because it's too sweet.

Sounds like it's time to do an elimination diet to figure out what food's causing my stomach problems now before I start constructing a diet.

Soda's been the one thing I haven't been able to completely kick.

A few years back I went without for two weeks, then fell off the wagon.

Anyway, I'm about 12 hours away from embarking on my longest continuous hike ever.

Just in case you never hear from me again, I had a helluva time hangin' with y'all...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »

Impressive. I did a similar hike (on accident) in Bryce Canyon, but unfortunately without any water! We took a wrong turn. 110F heat that day as well...talk about the march from hell.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »

Impressive. I did a similar hike (on accident) in Bryce Canyon, but unfortunately without any water! We took a wrong turn. 110F heat that day as well...talk about the march from hell.

Last year I took a 19-mile hike in mid-90s temps, with 3 liters of water; I ran out with about 1.5 miles to go.

Now I carry 3 liters plus a quart bottle, a quart of G2, and at least three packets of electrolyte gel at all times.

Fortunately, I was able to replenish my water supply at 3 points during this trip. And it's a good thing I did, 'cuz I went through about 6 liters.

Anyhoo: I managed to knock it out in just under 8 hours, which was how long I expected it to take.

I'm still getting around pretty well at present, but I've a feeling I'll not be moving too well tomorrow...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:30:35 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »

I've stopped drinking soda pretty much entirely for about a year now.  I have no desire to drink it, but I do have some on occasion when water isn't readily available (which is honestly pretty much never).  That and candy are the two things I've pretty much stopped eating/drinking that are unhealthy.

I just need to start exercising again...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:14 AM »

Worked out with a friend yesterday for 1:45. After that, my body finally realized it had enough, and I tried to rehydrate myself too quickly. Two things to remember for next time:
1) Better breakfast
2) Re-introduce water slower

Also, I tore my right bicep because I wasn't paying attention to my form when using the cable weights. I'm having a lot of fun trying to drive (manual) and do chores around the house...

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »

Did an 11 miler after not having hiked for almost two weeks.

I thought it'd be a real slog at a certain point, but I hardly felt fatigued at all.

It probably means I need to step my program up.

Meanwhile, I've surpassed 900 miles of hiking and walking this year. If all goes to plan, i should hit the millennium mark before Halloween.

Sadly, I'm still fairly blimped out at 245. While I enjoy my hikes, apparently I enjoy my food even more.  Sad
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:22:36 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 09:12:07 PM »

Did another 11-miler--technically, it's 11.4 miles-- but this time it didn't seem quite as effortless. Then again, I packed a little more water and break snacks than before. And I was breaking in a new pair of hiking boots, and I forgot to put in my fave cushion insoles.

None the less, I knocked it out under my goal time of 4 hours. And I'm still getting around all right at home right now.

But the best part was on the initial 4-mile uphill approach. A couple cyclists were trailing me for about a half hour, and they were cycling just a wee bit faster than I was hiking. When they finally caught up to me, they marveled at how I could maintain such a fast uphill pace. I replied, "Well it's about time you caught up!"

Just gotta remember to have a full glass of water ready on the night stand tonight...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:15:33 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2012, 09:42:12 PM »

I've been consistent with my kale/vegetable drinks, but not so much with the rest of my diet, which has been to dependent on quick eating.  I'm 5'7 and since I was 15 (now 22) I've weight as much as 215 and as little 115.  While I don't ever plan to get so thin again, I've been fluctuating between 150-170 for the last two years or so--completely contingent on my ability to eat smart and hit the gym.  I'm happy with my strength and my nutritional knowledge, but utterly disappointed with my lack of commitment and enthusiasm.  Tomorrow's Sunday, i'll avoid eating shit food and let's see if I can get this jump-started again.

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 03:29:24 PM »

Did wakeboard yesterday for the first time. Amazing experience!

rmk: yeah, it's myself in the picture...

* Imagem 008.jpg (101.21 KB, 466x350 - viewed 987 times.)
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »

This morning i attended a 10km marathon. It was really tough to finish it with my right calf hurting as f*ck, but i managed to complete it in 45 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:51:07 PM by raffa1985 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length