RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:01:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The Gym Diary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: The Gym Diary  (Read 217651 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »

I need to get back to working out. Kind of fallen off what with vacations and all.

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »

Went for a three mile run yesterday. It had been about two weeks since I had run and that time my calves locked up and I had to limp home the second half. Yesterday's run was awesome and quite frankly I really needed it. Nothing clears one's head like a nice satisfying long run!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »

Went for a three mile run yesterday. It had been about two weeks since I had run and that time my calves locked up and I had to limp home the second half.

That's happened to me on a few occasions near the end of a long hike. Though it usually happens more often in the middle of the night after a long hike, when I'm suddenly jolted awake by my lower legs spazzin' out. Weird thing is, it's become common enough where I know it's gonna happen a second before it hits, and I can at least brace myself.

Yesterday's run was awesome and quite frankly I really needed it. Nothing clears one's head like a nice satisfying long run!

Do you also seem to have more energy after a run? I know I usually do after a reasonably long hike. Weird, isn't it?

Speaking of: I gotta get my chubby self back on the trails one of these days. get away from all this high-tech stuff and get back to nature for a while...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »

Went for a three mile run yesterday. It had been about two weeks since I had run and that time my calves locked up and I had to limp home the second half.

That's happened to me on a few occasions near the end of a long hike. Though it usually happens more often in the middle of the night after a long hike, when I'm suddenly jolted awake by my lower legs spazzin' out. Weird thing is, it's become common enough where I know it's gonna happen a second before it hits, and I can at least brace myself.

Yesterday's run was awesome and quite frankly I really needed it. Nothing clears one's head like a nice satisfying long run!

Do you also seem to have more energy after a run? I know I usually do after a reasonably long hike. Weird, isn't it?

Speaking of: I gotta get my chubby self back on the trails one of these days. get away from all this high-tech stuff and get back to nature for a while...

Those lock ups are probably due to dehydration. DRINK MOAR WATER

When shall his new form be revealed?
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »

Those lock ups are probably due to dehydration. DRINK MOAR WATER

I take about 3 liters of water on a hike, as well as a couple bananas and a quart of G2. I'll usually go through 2 liters of the water, both bananas, and most of the G2, and will gradually drink about a gallon of water for a few hours afterwards. Not sure if I can pack in much more than that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:22:33 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:11 AM »

Gotta love those endorphins. The best runs are the ones when I don't really feel like doing it, when I'm sluggish and tired, like after work. A nice run always shakes that off.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

Gotta love those endorphins. The best runs are the ones when I don't really feel like doing it, when I'm sluggish and tired, like after work. A nice run always shakes that off.

After spending a full day standing up and waling around at work, I rarely ever feel like hiking after the shift ends. Then there's the commute, getting my gear together, and driving to my fave trails before I even set foot in the dirt. After all that, getting up the motivation to just put one foot ahead of the other can be a monumental task for me.

But I hear ya about the best runs/hikes. I think it's due to looking back after you're done and being glad you powered through it. A real sense of accomplishment, as it were.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2013, 02:30:23 PM »

Absolutely. My running route starts and ends at my front door so it's a little easier for me in that respect.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »

Did 6.5 miles over some fairly steep rolling hills. Took a little over 3 hours to complete, which means my average pace has slowed down a bit. Probably should have stopped after 5 miles, though. Otherwise, methinks I'll rest tomorrow and try for a 3-miler on Thursday after work. Hope I have enough daylight to work with...

BTW still at 257. That food is just soooo tasty.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:22:45 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2013, 05:36:14 AM »

Nice job Zag.

I did the usual three miler last night. My respiratory and cardio functions are pretty much conditioned at this point so although I'm far from "in shape" at the moment, I feel like I'm on the right track.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2013, 06:53:05 AM »

Nice job Zag.

I did the usual three miler last night. My respiratory and cardio functions are pretty much conditioned at this point so although I'm far from "in shape" at the moment, I feel like I'm on the right track.

Unless you're already where you want to be shape-wise, don't forget to change up your routine every once in a while. Don't wanna get complacent after all...
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:36 AM »

Nice job Zag.

Unless you're already where you want to be shape-wise, don't forget to change up your routine every once in a while. Don't wanna get complacent after all...

Excellent advice of course. I have a three mile route and a four mile route, I almost feel like I'm ready for six (three mile route twice) but I'd rather throw in some fours first. I'm just about ready for some sprint work too.

One thing I'm looking forward to getting back into is strength training. It's been so long since I did any that I hardly know where to begin. I will likely start with push-ups and pull-ups and ease my way back into everything else.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »

Hey now!

Didn't do diddly for exercise this week, except for a five-miler earlier today, and the results from this lack of activity were apparent when i weighed in at 260 earlier tonight. I was aiming for eight miles, but I got to a point where I knew I had to stop or I wasn't gonna make it back to the parking lot. I'm just not in the same shape I was when I was hiking 24+ miles a week, but I'm confident I'll get back up to my previous level.

On the upside: I've managed to stay off of all soda-- sugared AND diet-- since Wednesday, and caffeine since Thursday. I've been able to take the edge off the soda D.T.s by downing seltzer water every once in a while. On the downside: I've been drinking other fairly caloric beverages like orange juice and 1% milk. Back to the upside: I'm finding 1% milk too rich now, and I'm ready to go with skim... and drink much less of it. I'm also starting to eat whole oranges so I get the flavor and fiber without the concentrated calories of OJ.

I've also decided to embark on a personal challenge to walk and hike 1,345 miles-- and attain my goal weight-- by July 10th of next year. Last year I hiked 1,100 miles, so this challenge isn't too much more difficult. BTW there is a significance to the distance and end date, but I don't think anybody here really cares about the details. Besides, I've already got you all nodding off just reading the stuff above.

'Late
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2013, 10:26:51 PM »

Hey now,

Latest weigh-in has me at 258. Good.

Completed the 8-miler I tried to to do last week, and probably dropped about 4 pounds of water weight in the process. Been gradually and constantly rehydrating since then. I don't think I'll have too much trouble getting around at work tomorrow.

Also been walking to the post office with my online sales three times this last week. It's a little over 3 miles round-trip, which I can knock out in about an hour, give or take a couple minutes.

Still been completely off the soda, but I fell off the no-caffeine wagon. Been having some form of it every other day, rather than daily.
bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2013, 05:14:07 PM »

No soda has helped me a ton, so bravo! Can't say the same for caffeine though. I have a little bit each day, relatively 2 cups of tea at work and none on the weekends.

I've been going to crossfit before work and we get into some pretty crazy workouts...

Yesterday before work I did 15 pull ups, ran 1.25 miles, 30 push ups, 30 curls, 220 double unders with jump rope and 50 toes to bar (literally hanging from pull up bar and touching my toes to the bar).

Today, I hurt. Tomorrow, I go back to the gym lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length