RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:21:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The Bad Video Game Store Thread - Places To Avoid (Updated Apr 28 2015) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The Bad Video Game Store Thread - Places To Avoid (Updated Apr 28 2015)  (Read 56656 times)
ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 07:01:19 PM »

Game Craze at the Destiny USA Mall in Syracuse, New York may be large, but the prices are too high. I bought Devil May Cry 2 there for $12, and it only came with disc 2, the disc that didn't have Dante on it.

I even saw Hey you, Pikachu! on sale there for $5. No one even wants that game for $1.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »

I even saw Hey you, Pikachu! on sale there for $5. No one even wants that game for $1.
I don't know... If you collect Pokemon things, then you'd want it.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »

I don't know... Yelling obscenities at Pikachu is worth at least $1 to me.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 11:31:09 PM »

$5 isn't too bad for loose, but there are way better games you could spend $5 on
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 12:05:55 AM »

I wouldn't waste 5 bucks on it, I love Pokémon and grew up on it but it's starting to get old and a little repetitive.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 05:13:07 PM »

The Media Warehouse - Reedsburg, WI

Owner was very rude to customers and his employee. They don't have any games out. You have to look through a database of prices, and then they change the prices on you before you purchase.  Apparently my friend is "a f***ing idiot" for not understanding how their pricing structure (scheme?) works.  This happened to a friend of mine, not myself, just passing along the info  More info
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:04:43 PM by Slowman » Logged

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
PepsiWithCoke
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »

I don't know... If you collect Pokemon things, then you'd want it.

Yeah, I'd pay $1 for any non sports N64 game really.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »

Local stores around here are all Quarterback Club and the AKI wrestlers.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »

The Media Warehouse - Reedsburg, WI

Owner was very rude to customers and his employee. They don't have any games out. You have to look through a database of prices, and then they change the prices on you before you purchase.  Apparently my friend is "a f***ing idiot" for not understanding how their pricing structure (scheme?) works.  This happened to a friend of mine, not myself, just passing along the info  More info

That's very good to know as I am from the Milwaukee area.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
supernorst
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 02:52:20 AM »

Arn't we all forgetting to add a very horrible store to our list? Gamestop!

The Charges:
Ruining millions of games with hard to remove stickers including stickers on the inserts of the games
$55 for a standard newer used game is pretty bad, I mean come on your not really getting any discount especially if games have online pass or features missing.
Lack of a variety of games within the stores, all I seem to see is the same bland shooters all over the stores.

Gamer of All Generations
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 09:31:07 AM »

You know in all the years I've heard about Gamestop sticker horror stories I've never run into a copy that had the sticker directly on an insert. Managers around here tend to use the technique of leaving the sticker on its paper and just sliding it into the spine. They might be annoying to remove but they don't compare to Vintage Stock stickers, those are horrible. I'll never forget the hour long battle I had with a Vintage Stock sticker so I could have a pristine Saturn case for Iron Storm or something.

My local stores tend to have a varied selection for both new and pre-owned games, and I've been picking up a few older RPGs and platformers in the $20-30 range lately when I visit them. Their Buy 2 Get 1 Under $20 pre-owned sale is rather popular around here when it pops up. You'll see people load up on $5 or less games on the small scores thread when its on, and I'll grab a handful of those $19.99 games.

I agree with you on the price of new games that are played and traded back in within a few days of release. That's the main reason I either buy games brand new from time to time or wait until they inevitably hit the $10-30 area or the inevitable 90% off Steam sale. I know I'm not really missing much by waiting on 'Random Shooter #19865213984' of the generation.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

gamestop/EB Games' new stickers are wonderful, i have no complaints anymore but sometimes you still have the old ones to deal with occasionally. i used to buy a lot more from them but now i rarely do. they're great for pre-orders if you're into that, but buying "new" from them is stupid because of their open everything policy. though if you ask they often have a sealed copy in the back room that you can swap the floor copy for.

on some slightly older modern games they tend to be cheaper than ebay, especially when you get into the under $10 games. i've never had any issues with variety either, they tend to have a lot of obscure RPGs and other niche titles at the locations near me, maybe your specific location is just bad for that.

they have their place and they're great for the non-collector.
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »

One of the local Gamestops here is great with marked down PS2 games and accessories. A whopping 75% off!

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »

I'm not gonna read through this entire thread to see if this has already been laid to rest, but...

If a store tells its customers that a video game's price is X and they change the price to >X at the register, isn't this illegal?

I've never had anyone do it to me, but I think if it happened, I would tell them to forget it and leave.

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 07:40:46 PM »

If your down the edision nj way avoid trade 1 on rt 1 in Edison. They are majorly over priced the owner isn't helpful things are a complete mess and the only reason I can come to see why they stay afloat cause every so often you'll see ads looking for young females to be actresses and models for him..... Reading between the lines he doesn't sell jack so how else does he stay in business you be the judge

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length