RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Game Pet Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Video Game Pet Peeves  (Read 21603 times)
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »

I thought of another biggie in my book - the whole MLG scene and all of the so-called "pro" gamers. I hate how the term "pro" is just thrown around these days. As far as I'm concerned, you aren't a professional anything unless you can afford to live off of your income. Too many kiddies and moronic adults run around calling themselves "pro gamers" these days. Especially with FPS titles.

Thank you.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 03:59:18 PM »

Glitched achievments

Online achievements

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »

I agree with glitched achievements.

You probably need to clarify what you mean by Online, though, because if there wasn't online availability I wouldn't get many of the multiplayer achievements out there.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

I don't like online achievements, either. I don't have Gold membership and I don't like playing against random people. That means I can't get a lot of achievements, and in games like Gears of War the online achievements make up about half of them.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »

I thought of another biggie in my book - the whole MLG scene and all of the so-called "pro" gamers. I hate how the term "pro" is just thrown around these days. As far as I'm concerned, you aren't a professional anything unless you can afford to live off of your income. Too many kiddies and moronic adults run around calling themselves "pro gamers" these days. Especially with FPS titles.

Thank you.

Completely agree.

As far as i know i am the only pro gamer any where ever.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »

I agree with glitched achievements.

You probably need to clarify what you mean by Online, though, because if there wasn't online availability I wouldn't get many of the multiplayer achievements out there.

Online only ones. Like xxxx amount of kills, types of kills and play xx amount of type game. Halo 3 if full of them and not easily boostable. Now the multiplayer ones in Halo 3 like beating the campaign are fine.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »

I personally hate when the Game Boy Advance is called Advanced.  I don't really know why, it just pisses me off sometimes.
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:58 AM »

I'd like to add another one I think bothers me greatly.  When people justify their opinions on games or systems thru claiming to own the other systems in the current generation.  Often times I see people say the wii, 360, or ps3 is great or sucks and always add that they have the ps3, wii, or 360 (or all three) as if it somehow makes their opinion more valid and not that of a fan boy.  They forget, the hardware isnt what makes the hardware shine but the software.  It's all too easy to own all 6 of the current systems getting support, but it's near imposible to support them with all the great software released for them.  I guess the point is, if people like something, they shouldnt have to claim to have X amount of current gen systems to justify liking some game that was or wasnt on multiple systems.  They should just appreciate what they got and be happy with it reguardless if it impress' some random stranger on the internet.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

^ So true! There's a lot of people on GameTrailers, making comments on every video like that. It's quite annoying. Angry
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »

I was very pro Sega, and always saw their systems as the better systems. But would still play a lot of Nintendo games on friends systems. The console war was actually really fun back then, and just meant more games to play when you had friends with the other system. It also made your system a lot more popular when Nintendo censored all the blood out of MK. Wink

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 03:15:09 AM »

Another addition - Getting screwed out of great RPGs because I live in NA. I'm very thankful for the wonderful folks putting out translation patches. Soma Bringer, Tales of Innocence, and Ragnarok DS - need I say more?

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »

hhhmmmm tings not liked in games,

coin op games that alway have a bit in so you will definatly die or loose come much energy/time you wont be playing much longer.

minecarts, just why?

RPG's whre you can only get so far then have to waste ages "building up" your character/party

badley thought out controls

guns that take too long to reload, i know it adds to the wol game presentation and all that but sometime you can spend so long reloading you get killed, a specific on this is Bioshock

ga5ket
DB Editor
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »

Another addition - Getting screwed out of great RPGs because I live in NA. I'm very thankful for the wonderful folks putting out translation patches. Soma Bringer, Tales of Innocence, and Ragnarok DS - need I say more?
Ha, yes! Except replace 'RPGs' with 'games' and 'NA' with Europe

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »

Lol, another one that is so true.

Now, I'm not saying NA gets every game out there but Europe really got it worse. There are a ton of Japanese games that make it to NA, yet Europe seems to be one bridge too far. I really don't get it. Why release Chrono Trigger in NA but not in Europe? Why, damn it! It doesn't make any sense at all. If you're going to translate it to English for NA, why not bring it out in Europe as well? All you need to do is write a manual with most European languages in, that's it, the game stays in English anyway. Sad
Tan
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »

Lol, another one that is so true.

Now, I'm not saying NA gets every game out there but Europe really got it worse. There are a ton of Japanese games that make it to NA, yet Europe seems to be one bridge too far. I really don't get it. Why release Chrono Trigger in NA but not in Europe? Why, damn it! It doesn't make any sense at all. If you're going to translate it to English for NA, why not bring it out in Europe as well? All you need to do is write a manual with most European languages in, that's it, the game stays in English anyway. Sad

I feel the same way about Rally games in North America. Instead of games like WRCs 2 to 5, Colin McRae 2005 Plus, we get NASCAR. Sorry folks, but going around in circles left turning for hours just doesn't boil the blood like a Scandinavian flick on a narrow dirt trail or ice at high speeds. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length