RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:05:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Any Video Game Stores in the UK? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any Video Game Stores in the UK?  (Read 1125 times)
gamepopper101
Sega 32X
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« on: March 01, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »

I envy the Americans and the Japanese in Retro Gaming, they have all the great shops that sell retro items. But here in the UK, it's a lot more harder. Living in a town such as Leamington doesn't help, there use to be two shops that sold retro games here, Blockbuster and Gamestation. Nowadays it's harder than it sounds.

Blockbuster cleared all their retro stock about a month ago, while my Gamestation only has on or two gameboy colour games (a Madden Game and Hamtaro: Ham Ham Unite, the last ever GBC game last time I checked) and on rare occasions, a retro system game bundle.

I do live near a charity shop, but they only had 5 PS games that someone donated a year ago (I also remember there being an Amiga game in the shop when I was 5). I don't go to Flea Markets cause I don't know any regular ones, and if I did they live miles away and my parents can't take me.

So are there ANY shops that sell retro games in the UK? Maybe I can go to one when I am on a trip somewhere.

I will be posting until I get to Sega CD level, because I want to Cheesy
ga5ket
DB Editor
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:10:49 PM »

There are a couple that I use:

Cex - they do some mail order, their web site also has a store finder, you can pick up some good stuff there

and

Chips They sell some stuff on eBay too, and I've had lots of success in their Middlesbrough store

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

We have Cash Generator in Accrington. They have limited amounts of retro items. Bloody cheap on PS2 and Xbox games though.

Usually the best place for me is the car boot sale they have every Sunday at Clitheroe Cattle Market. Haven't been there for ages though, I could do with having a trip down.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:52:32 PM by AndyC » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:03:40 PM »

I envy the Americans and the Japanese in Retro Gaming, they have all the great shops that sell retro items.
Ditto. Sad

Swamperon
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »

Gamestation used to be decent (if normally overpriced) until GAME bought them out.

There's a Chips near me but it's complete crap. The staff always look depressed and the stock hardly ever changes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length