RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:33:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181023 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 02:30:21 AM »

ya why not just do a small kickstarter to cover basic costs like that developer account? i know what you mean about feeling bad accepting money for something you consider a hobby, but i don't see why not if it's just to cover costs.
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »

Oh my god it's been six months since I pushed an update, I'm terrible.

An update should be out shortly that will allow you to add and remove games within the app! There are a couple minor display bugs here and there, but I felt like I had to get it out in order to keep things going with the project. If I get hung up on a single task like this for too long, development slows to a crawl. I'm hoping that finally releasing it gets it out of my brain, freeing said brain up to implement cool new features quickly. Next thing you know, there'll be a barcode reader. Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 08:28:28 AM »

Oh my god it's been six months since I pushed an update, I'm terrible.

An update should be out shortly that will allow you to add and remove games within the app! There are a couple minor display bugs here and there, but I felt like I had to get it out in order to keep things going with the project. If I get hung up on a single task like this for too long, development slows to a crawl. I'm hoping that finally releasing it gets it out of my brain, freeing said brain up to implement cool new features quickly. Next thing you know, there'll be a barcode reader. Smiley

Aiding with that, it's a little known fact that the ID# field for the Database search does RFG ID, Part # and UPC...

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »

Aiding with that, it's a little known fact that the ID# field for the Database search does RFG ID, Part # and UPC...

Oh yeah? I was gonna hook it in through the field on this page: http://www.rfgeneration.c...action=gameedit;sa=addvar

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »

I downloaded the RF Gen app for my Samsung Prevail, and haven't been able to get it to sync my collection.  I hit the little green arrow sync button and it shows a loading circle in the corner, but it never syncs properly.  I've left it for several hours before and no luck.

anyone have any experience with this problem, or have advice?
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »

I downloaded the RF Gen app for my Samsung Prevail, and haven't been able to get it to sync my collection.  I hit the little green arrow sync button and it shows a loading circle in the corner, but it never syncs properly.  I've left it for several hours before and no luck.

anyone have any experience with this problem, or have advice?

If it's anything like the issues I had, it's because the username when you set it up is case sensitive. For instance, if you logged in as 'sideshowsam' instead of 'SideshowSam', it will log you in but some features just won't work. You may need to use the 'Applications' settings to clear the app's data and then log back in.

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »

Or hit the Menu button on your phone and Logout!

This is going on my to-do list to fix soon, it is the most annoying problem.

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »

If it's anything like the issues I had, it's because the username when you set it up is case sensitive. For instance, if you logged in as 'sideshowsam' instead of 'SideshowSam', it will log you in but some features just won't work. You may need to use the 'Applications' settings to clear the app's data and then log back in.

nice, i'll try this.  TYVM!

***update***

That was it!   You're the best InvadErGII
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:46:46 PM by SideshowSam » Logged
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »

Or hit the Menu button on your phone and Logout!

This is going on my to-do list to fix soon, it is the most annoying problem.

It was frustrating, but now that I got mine to work, I should say, thanks very much for your work on the app.  Its fantastic!
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:24 PM »

Happy 12/12/12 everybody! Celebrate with BAR CODE SCANNING! Oh my god it is so quick to add games to your collection now. I'm going to go add my GameCube collection that I've been dragging my feet on, RIGHT NOW!

Next I'm going to get that capitalization bug, I swear.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »

Happy 12/12/12 everybody! Celebrate with BAR CODE SCANNING! Oh my god it is so quick to add games to your collection now. I'm going to go add my GameCube collection that I've been dragging my feet on, RIGHT NOW!

Next I'm going to get that capitalization bug, I swear.

How does it act if the Bar Code is malformed or missing? I've been trying to nip a lot of those.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »

Bar code scanning works great.  Thanks theGrue!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »

I've got to give this a try!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »

a friend has an android phone, i'll get him to give it a try!
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »

How does it act if the Bar Code is malformed or missing? I've been trying to nip a lot of those.

It uses the search on the Add Variant page instead of the normal search set to ID mode, which seems to be a little more permissive. I originally wired up to the normal search, but that one would fail when there was extra information after the barcode (like "(00100)"), while the Add Variant page would work. I did run into a few games that didn't come up though, I'll have to see if there was an error in the information or what.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length